Say Something, I'm Giving Up On You

Dean's POV

It's like I'm being forced to watch someone I love struggle. To be honest that's what's happening. I can't stop watching Cas. He had a blue cast on his hand and arm. He had broken it when he punched the lockers. Charlie was stalking him like a bodyguard.

"I'm gone for one day and you mess everything up." Sam said.

"It's not like that, Sammy." I said with a sigh.

"It is exactly like that. You both look like hell." Sam said.

"I'm fine Sam." I said leaning on my locker. Cas walked by and I saw Charlie glare at me. "I just lost the best friends I've ever had. I just want to go hide in a corner and cry." I said. I felt a tear drip down my face.

"Dean." Sam said.

"I'm going to class." I said slamming my locker. I started to walk away and my shirt ripped as it was stuck in my locker. "Great." I said. "This day keeps getting better and better."

"Dean." Sam repeated.

"I'm going to class, Sammy. Do the same." I yelled at him. Sam looked at me and ran down the hallway.

"Wow, this is really affecting you, brother?" Benny said. I turned to face him.

"Leave me alone." I said pushing past him.

"No Dean, I actually want to talk to you." He said. I stopped and looked at him.

"Why, so you can tell me how much that relationship was a mistake or how I should be happy Lisa wants me? " I was practically yelling in the hallway.People were looking at us.

"No dammit Dean people are looking." Benny said dragging me with him. He took me into the bathroom and waited for a freshmen to leave before  continuing . "Dean, you've literally been my only true friend here. You are the only one who's seen my house. I actually feel bad for you."

"Bullshit, I don't believe you or trust you." Dean said.

"What if I said I was the person who helped Kevin off the team and into drama?" Benny said.

"Did you?" Dean asked.

"Yes the poor kid was being hurt." Benny said. Dean looked over his friend, he did enjoy Benny's companionship.

"Fine, help me get Cas back." Dean said.

"First of all, we gotta get The Queen to back off." Benny said.

____________

Benny had made me write notes without signing my name to put in Cas's  locker. I put hearts on the outside so he knew they were different. I was scared that he would know they were from me and throw them out. But as me and Benny watched from the end of the hall, Cas read them, blushed, and shoved them in his backpack. I celebrated quickly but stopped. Charlie was staring daggers at me. She stomped over to me.

"The hell do you think you're doing?" Charlie said.

"We're just standing here." I said.

"Yeah right, you ass. Leave him alone. You've hurt him enough Dean." Charlie said.

"I know, Charlie!" I yelled. A couple kids looked over then walked away.

"W-wait do you still have feelings for him?" Charlie asked.

"No I'm leaving him love notes because I'm planning on murdering him." I sassed.

"Don't sass the sass master. But seriously, why don't you tell him?" Charlie asked.

"Have you met him?" I asked. "He won't talk to me, or even look at me." I said. I felt worse after I said that.

"Dude I hate to tell you but-" Charlie said. My eyes widened when I saw Cas kiss a blonde guy on the cheek. "That's happening."

"We broke up like three days ago!" I said. How could he replace me so quickly.

"His name is Balthazar. Cas said he was an old ex." Charlie said. She looked at me,who was crushed.

"I'm going to class." I said. My voice emotionless.

"Dean." Charlie said. Her and Benny looked at each other then at me.  I just want to crawl into a ball and cry till I die. I didn't want to be here with the stupid jocks and Cas. I wanted to be in bed or a dark room.
____________

"I'm quitting the team." I said to my football coach. He looked at me. "I can't handle the drama and my uncle wants me to focus on studies more."

"Well it'll be a shame to see you go, Dean. You have potential." He said. I smiled and shook his hand. I grabbed my bag and left his office. I walked to he Impala and saw Cas and his boyfriend together. Cas's blue eyes found my green ones and we stared at each other for a while. He broke if off with an angry glare and I looked at my hands. His boyfriend looked at me and then at Cas. I got in my car before they could do anything. I drove off the school campus and towards my uncles house. I didn't want to see him and aunt Ellen together. I didn't want to see any couples. I want them all to go away so I can stop being reminded about Cas. I pulled into our driveway and ran up to my room, ignoring the calls of my uncle. I slammed my door and threw my bag. I began ripping up and breaking everything that I had that reminded me of Cas. I stopped when I saw my desk. Where he had left his sweater. I picked it up and oddly smelled it. The smell of him clung to it. I felt tears leaving my eyes. I looked at a picture of Cas and I at the carnival we went to. I felt myself start to sob. I was a mess on my floor holding a sweater that didn't belong to me. I am Dean Fucking Winchester, what was wrong with me! I shouldn't be crying over a break up. But my heart feels like it did after my mom died. I don't want to do anything but lie on my floor and cry. And that's what I'm going to do, lie and cry holding Cas's sweater.