Hard Knock Life

Cas's POV

"Are you sure you want to quit?" I asked Dean. He was picking at his food. Dean looked at me. 

"He'll hurt you, Cas. I don't want you to get in the middle of this mess. He's extremely dangerous. Crowley is a rich white boy who should be in jail." Dean said. He threw the fry between his fingers down. 

"But Dean, you hated the team." I said.

"Yeah but I love you. I don't see why you're upset with me." Dean said. I gasped and looked at him. 

"Dean, that's also why I am upset with you. I want to live a life with you. I can't do that when you're under Crowley's thumb." I said. 

"We're in high school." 

"We're seniors." 

Dean let out a huff of air. I saw the waitress out of the corner of my eye. She looked scared. 

"Does it matter?" Dean asked. I rolled my eyes and  pulled out my wallet. Dean's goddamn green eyes widened. "Cas,we haven't finished." 

"That seems like a theme for you doesn't it, Dean." I said. I threw the money on the table. "Give me time to cool off." I demanded. Dean nodded weakly. I was always amazed that I could make the second scariest kid in school fall to his knees at my feet. I was just me. That's why I was upset that he caused all this fuss. I was used to the beatings by them. He would never hurt me, even then. His fist never met my skin. Those green eyes watched, sometimes teared up. But he never helped. I stormed out of the restaurant and started to walk home. I was oddly pissed. This whole year is just full of utter bullshit. I kicked a rock and watched as it skidded down the sidewalk. I could feel my anger die down. I could never be mad at Dean for this, not really. I mean he was doing this out of love and fear...I guess. I just want my relationship back. I don't want to be under Crowley's thumb forever. I'm worried that it might. I can imagine (sadly) me and Dean living and working, having to work two jobs to pay for our life and Crowley. I was too lost in thought to notice that the tears had been dripping down my face. I didn't even go inside my house. My family was in there. They'd ask questions. I sat on the front porch. My tears causing dark circles on my baby blue shirt. Why can't my life be normal? I just want simple things. This asshole keeps screwing with it. I wiped my eyes. Fuck him. I stood up and grabbed my bike. I knew where Crowley hung out. It was either the Shell gas station (the s was broken so it read hell) or under the bridge. I stopped at the gas station first. Luckily I  found him there with a skeevy girl. 

"Scram." I said to the girl as i threw down my bike. 

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the angel." Crowley said.

"Listen fuckface, I've had enough of your spoiled british ass. Stop screwing with us. Dean likes what he's doing, both the show and me. So how 'bout you stop being a douche!" I yelled. Crowley's eyes widened and he let out a laugh. 

"Oh angel, listen to the pipes on you." Crowley said. I didn't notice the flash of silver behind his hand. 

"Answer me!" I yelled. The station attendant wasn't in the building. I couldn't see him. 

"I don't think you should worry about an answer right now." Crowley said. I lost it. My fist met his face. 

once.

twice.

thrith.

four times. 

He got up from the ground and wiped his bloody nose.

"You've done it now, Angel." Crowley said. I dodged his punch. He was a sloppy fighter, he also had been. But I've always been to scared to fight back. Every punch he missed, I felt pain. It shouldn't have hurt. I looked at my arm and then I felt something in my side. I fell immediately. I saw a pocket knife in my side. I looked at him, standing over me like a hunter who got his prey. I saw red and blue lit up the stations bland white walls. I coughed a little and saw some blood specks. I was fading. I was now laying on the ground. I watched, with blurry vision, as black blurs arrested Crowley. People came over and I felt someone grab my hand.

"Cas, you idiot." I heard Dean said. All I could see were his brilliant eyes.

"I-I wanted to-" I tried to explain. 

"No you don't need to talk, okay?" Dean asked. I gave him a nod. He got in the back of the ambulance with me and held my hand the entire way to the hospital.