Lights

Castiel's POV

"Get out you fag!"

The words resonated in my ears. I couldn't even get ready for gym now. Great. Luckily, Dean punched the guy in the face before he had anymore guts to say something.

"Don't listen to them." Dean would whisper in my ear. "You're amazing, and gorgeous." He would say, all the damn time. I don't know if it made me all better but it made me feel go at that moment. I was sitting on the roof of my house. Sam was here with Gabriel right now. I was trying to focus on the stars above me. They were sparkling dimly. Damn streetlights.

"Can I join you up here?" I heard my father say. I looked at him and nodded. He climbed up and sat next to me.

"They're so dim." I said. My father laughed lightly.

"Yes, yes they are. Just like the lights behind someone's eyes." My father said.

"I hate people." I said.

"Yeah people are horrible." My father agreed. "Your mother always said some people can't see that the ones they hurt are only going to shine brighter and love life fuller. Then again, no ones expected she was speaking out of experience."

"Do you miss her?" I asked.

"Of course. But she always told me not to mourn. 'Chuckie' she would say 'If I die. Find someone that will make you happy. Make the children happy. Make Cassie and Gabe happy." My dad said.

"Becky makes all of us happy," I said.

"I'm glad. Your mother would be so happy of what you're doing. You know, she loved Les Mis. I also think she would've loved Dean." My dad said.

"You think?" I asked.

"He makes you happy. Of course she would." My dad said. He shivered and let out a puff of air. "I'm going in. It's freezing out here." He said standing up. He took off his sweater and placed it on my shoulders. "Night Cas."

"Night father." I said. I stayed out longer, waiting for something to come to me. I was about to go in until I felt my phone vibrate.

Dean: hey my cousin's in town wanna come to the fair with us tomorrow?

Cas: sure I'll be there

Dean: sweet we'll pick you up at 12.

I put down my phone and looked at the stars more. I caught a shooting star falling down, leaving a bright trail. I closed my eyes and wished for everything to be better.

~~~~~

I woke up bright and early, I was somehow in my bed. I never remember getting in. My phone was plugged in a charging. I was also in pajamas.

"What?" I asked sitting up. I slid out of bed and got changed. I grabbed a pair of black jeans and an old drama club shirt from when we did Wicked.

"Cassie, hotties one and two are here." Gabe yelled.

"I need like five minutes!" I yelled back.

"Kay, I'll tell your boyfriend." Gabe yelled.

"Will you all stop yelling?" My father yelled.

"No!" Gabe and I both yelled back.

"Dad it's like the most effective way to talk." Gabe yelled.

"Morning Novak's." I heard Dean yelled.

"No, no more yelling!" My father yelled.

"Yes yelling!" Gabe said. I laughed and shook my head. I quickly did my bathroom business and I ran out and fell over a spare t-shirt.

"Good morning, Grace." Dean said leaning on my doorframe.

"Shut up." I said getting up.

"I have your bag." He said holding up my old drawstring bag. "Your dad gave it to me to give you."

I picked up my phone and grabbed the bag. I put my phone in my bag and looked at him.

"Ready, Cas?" Dean asked.

"I think so." I said. Dean put his arm over my shoulder.

"Dude we've...done stuff. Going to the fair with my family is nothing." Dean said. My cheeks flushed red. "Oh god you're cute. Let go."

~~~~~

"I've never been to a fair before." I said to Dean at the front gates. His cousin Adam and his boyfriend, Samandriel took us. They were both nice and looked to be completely in love. It was cute.

"Well I am taking your fair virginity." Dean said. I looked at him with a steely look. "ok sorry." He said laughing.

"Should I be worried?" I asked.

"Afraid of heights?" Dean asked.

"No."

"Then you're good. Wait, do you like spinning or get motion sick?" Dean asked.

"No why are you asking me this."

"Then we're golden." Dean said. He took my hand again and we ran up to Adam and Samandriel.

"Ok ride wristbands for you guys." Adam said handing them to us.

"Thank you." Sam said. Gabe was attached to him and Sam's cheeks have been almost dyed red. The two o them ran off as soon as the wristbands were tied on.

"We'll follow them." Samandriel promised.

"You guys have fun. Dean call if something happens ok?" Adam asked. Dean nodded and the two walked after Sam and Gabe.

"He looks like you." I stated.

"Adams from my dad's side. He's like the only person who helps us." Dean said sadly. "But hey it just proves he loves us."

"He's not the only one." I said without thinking.

"Oh really Mr.Novak, would you like to show me who in a Ferris wheel car?" Dean asked with a cocked eyebrow.

"Why certainly, Mr.Winchester." I said with a smile. We both sprinted to the Ferris wheel and got in a car. Soon we were at the top and I was on top of Dean, making out. I had a great view. And I think the view behind me was pretty great too. But man, I somehow managed to get a freckled God to be my boyfriends. The Stars somehow were shining bright and aligned for us.