CHAPTER 14

CHAPTER 14

HAZEL'S POV

I followed Troy as fast as I can. He went straight to his room, weeping. No doubt at all, he's really so in love with Zella.

“Should I give up now, Hazel? Is this the sign?” he asked as he sat on the bed. He tried to wipe his tears off, but it keeps on falling down his cheeks.

I've known Troy as a strong independent person. He's actually been living alone. He's an only child and his parents are currently residing in Canada. Troy's left all alone, he was fine, he still had a healthy life, not until he met Zella, she's the only person who can make this brave man feels so weak and melancholic.

I sat beside him, caressing his back. “You can now stop,” I commenced. “You no longer deserve this agony, you deserve to be loved, Troy,” I added, trying to give him comforting words.

“I deserve this.” He covered his face with both of his hands, still whimpering.

“But this is too much, Troy. It's not because you hurt her, you have to be hurt twice. There are still thousands of reasons to be happy, you just have to set yourself free from this unfortunate love story, Troy. You and Zella had placed your story to an end a year ago and it's now impossible to pick it up.”

Ugh! Pang ilang beses ko na bang sinabi iyan sa kanya? Kailan ba siya matatauhan? Kailangan ko pa ba siyang buhusan ng malamig na tubig? O halikan ko na lang?

Okay, I prefer the last one. But, I can't do it for now. I still don't have the courage to tell him that I've been in love with him. I'm afraid to be rejected and his heart hasn't healed yet, baka maging panakip-butas lang ako. I'm too good and gorgeous to just be a rebound.

“I'm gonna leave now.” He stood up, but before he could make another move, I already grabbed him by the hand.

“Leave from your unfortunate love story?” I asked.

He looked at me with those pair of swollen and hopeless eyes. He then... reached for my hand and hold it tight! Sesange! (Oh, my God!) 

“Leave this place... and try to leave from our unfortunate love story.” He smiled and turn his back again to get his stuff.

Tried. Tss.

I calmed myself down, but damn, my heart still beating so weird! “Where do you wanna go now?” I asked.

“Somewhere far from her.”

“Palamig tayo? Iceland?”

“Kol.” (Okay.)

Joh-eun! (Nice!) I also need some chillin' moment and it's time for me to shine. I swear, we'll be back here in the Philippines as lovers.

ZELLA'S POV

Kanina pa ako palakad-lakad sa kwarto ni Mona habang siya naman ay panay tingin lang sa akin. It's just... I still can't move on of what happened earlier. Mona is falling in love with me! It's very unbelievable!

Naupo ako sa may kama at siya naman ay nakaupo sa isang single sofa. Malaki ang ngiti sa labi niya habang mariin ko siyang tinititigan.

“Tell me it was just a prank,” I said.

“No, I'm serious, I love you—”

“Stop!” I took a sigh.“Monamoo, how can you be so sure that you love me?”

Hindi naman sa pabebe ako. Matanda na ako kaya ang sagwang tingnan kung gagawin ko iyan, sadyang gusto ko lang malinawan dahil gulong-gulo talaga ako.

“Amore, I can only feel real happiness when I'm with you. Kung pwede nga lang araw-araw na lang kitang puntahan sa ospital nang araw-araw rin akong masayang-masaya. Why am I feeling this way then? It's because I'm in love with you.”