CHAPTER 24

CHAPTER 24

ZELLA'S POV

From Troy requesting his uncle to work for the same hospital where I am working and keeping it a secret so their relatives would think he truly chose to work at a small and unpopular hospital, to spreading the word about it throughout their clan so Mona would know about it, right up until the day Troy asked to have breakfast with me and let Mona hear it was all planned! Everyone who was present that evening was an accomplice of SJ, who was the plan's mastermind.

Napakagaling talaga nila! Mona and I were utterly shocked by what transpired that evening. But I'm delighted with how lovely the outcome turned out to be. May basbas na kami ng Lola niya!

Nearly a month has passed since that day, and things have gone back to normal. Despite having a busy schedule since Mona returned to their restaurant as manager, we still have enough time to visit each other. Minsan ako iyong pumupunta sa Maynila at minsan naman siya iyong bumibisita sa amin dito sa probinsya. Pareho kaming pagod sa trabaho, pero kailangan naming magkita dahil pareho naming pahinga ang isa't isa.

Balak na rin naman naming bumalik ng Maynila, tatapusin ko lang itong kontrata ko sa hospital na pinagtatrabahuan ko ngayon. Si Mama naman ay hindi pa rin namin napag-uusapan kung kailan namin kakausapin si Papa. Gusto ko lang marinig ang sorry niya sa amin at pagkatapos niyan ay hahayaan na namin siya.

It's not that we no longer would care for him or forget about him; after all, he was the one who brought us into the world and raised us in a short time. It's just that he's been with them for ten long years and we've learned to adapt to only seeing him occasionally. Mama has accepted everything, and we've promised to always be by her side, so it's okay for him to live out the rest of his days with his new family.

I guess Mona and SJ will allow their Mom to continue living with our Papa and their son in the same way that they let their father and Miss Kate maintain their relationship. Others might think we're absurd, but I believe it's best for us. After all, the pain is behind us, and everyone is now living a better life.

My phone rang, jolting me back to the present. When I saw Mona's name on the screen, my face lit up with a smile.

"Hi," I greeted him ecstatically. Since early this morning, I have been yearning to hear his voice, and at last, he is phoning me this afternoon.

"Amore, I'm sorry if I have been quite busy lately and I only got the opportunity to call you now," he uttered.

The fact that I have been hearing Mona's actual voice for almost a month now still baffles me. His kikay voice is something I kind of miss, but I really love his true voice. Nakakagwapo talaga!

I replied as I jumped out of bed, "It's okay! I see that your business is operating very well these days." I was overly worn out after returning from work, but hearing his voice gave me energy.

"Aside from that, I'm working on getting everyone together."

"Everyone?"

"Our parents. Let's put an end to our family's affairs."

Hindi ko napigilang mapangiti. Hindi lang dahil sa wakas matatapos na rin ang issue sa pamilya namin, kun'di dahil mukhang kasal na namin ni Mona ang susunod na pagpaplanuhan.

Aksidente ko kasing narinig na nag-uusap sila ni Jared kung kailan nga raw ba namin balak magpakasal at sabi nga ni Monamoo ay tutuldukan muna namin ang issue ng pamilya namin at pagkatapos ay pwede na naming pag-usapan ang kasal.

Ahhhh! Excited na tuloy ako! Araw-araw ko na kasing ini-imagine iyong masayang pamilya namin ni Mona.

"Amore? Are you still there?"