CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12

HAZEL'S POV

“You're late.”

The words I uttered as SJ sat across from me. He wanted us to meet, but I'm feeling so lazy right now that I just asked him over to my house. I haven't bathed yet, but of course, I am still beautiful. Plus, it's just SJ, so there's no need to impress him.

“Annyeong!” (Hi) He smiled as he greeted me.

My left brow furrowed. He hates it when I use Korean. He says, it makes me sound like a lost alien on Earth. Tss! Pero, siya pa ang naunang mag-Korean ngayon.

“I remember that word because you kept using it every time we met,” he added.

His smile is persistent and that's unusual. When he's with me, his smile is actually quite rare. I believe it was because we are not that close yet since we've just known each other for about three weeks, but I am completely comfortable with him.

That's why I drove all the way to his house and done my drama there because I was so brokenhearted.

That's awful!

“Bagong gising ka ba?” tanong niya habang nakatingin sa magulo kong buhok.

My hair is naturally curly, and it looks so unkempt every morning!

“No, but I don't have the energy to comb my hair,” I admitted candidly.

“Kaya ka hindi magugustuhan ni Troy dahil ganyan ka.”

“What?” My voice tinged with confusion.

“Hindi ka marunong mag-ayos. Mukhang hindi ka pa nga naliligo, eh.”

I hissed. “Did you just come here to insult me?”

“No, never mind, you're blessed to be naturally beautiful.”

Sabay bawi. Tss!

“Let's drink?”

“At this early, SJ, jinjja?” (Really)

“May tamang oras ba para magpakalasing, Koryanang Hilaw?” kunot-noong tanong niya.

I shook my head and went to my kitchen in search of a bottle of strong wine! This guy sounded problematic, so I'll simply go with the flow for the time being, like he did the last time I went to his place. Then, we'll be even and I won't owe him anything after this.

I let him drink as I lay on the couch and stare at the ceiling.

“What's the matter, SJ?” I asked.

“It's just that I came upon something that I couldn't believe,”e stated.

And, look who's becoming more perplexed? Gosh! Agad akong bumangon at mariin siyang tinitigan.

“Would you mind sharing it with me?” I asked with a hint of eagerness, but when he shook his head, I dropped both of my shoulders.

“I can't tell anyone right now,” he muttered, gulping down the glass of wine.

“But, could you give me a hint?”

I'm completely desperate. I'm just genuinely intrigued!

“No.”