CHAPTER 25

CHAPTER 25

MOON'S POV

I hope our parents won't break their children's hearts the way they broke ours. These kids will undoubtedly become confused one day by our complicated family history, but I am hopeful they will soon understand their parents' reasons and be able to move on from the past. I'm praying they'll keep a smile on their face like they did today.

“Ang ganda talaga ni Hera,” ani ni Zayana habang nakangiti naming tiningnan ang mga batang tuwang-tuwa sa paglalaro.

When we were young, SJ and I shared a playroom. I didn't know that he had been maintaining the room because it was kept tidy and cozy.

“Mana sa akin,” dagdag pa ni Zayana.

SJ disagreed with his stern tone, “No, I think she looks more like Zella.”

“So, sinasabi mo na panget ako?” seryoso namang tanong ni Zayana.

Napatingin kami agad sa kanilang dalawa. They are sitting across from us on a long couch. SJ is beaming, but Zayana exuded such annoyance.

“As far as I can recall, I never called you ugly,” he remarked.

Zayana looked at him with his left brow raised. “Pero, 'yon 'yong punto mo,” aniya.

“When did they become too close?” In an effort to avoid ruining their cute argument, I asked Amore in an almost whisper.

“Close ba 'yan sa paningin mo?” she questioned as she puzzledly examined them.

“SJ doesn't smile like that to anyone, so I can tell they're closed,” I retorted. Amore gave me an even more bewildered expression.

“It's not like that, Zayana. I intended to say that Hera's face and yours do not resemble one another's in any way, but you are...”

All of us turned to stare at SJ as he paused, waiting for the next word he would utter.

“You are?” With a hint of enthusiasm, Zayana asked.

“You're cute,” SJ said as he turned his head away from everyone's eyes.

Zayana replied with knitted brows, “Cute means ugly, but acceptable!” and SJ's mouth dropped open at that.

“At sa'n naman galing 'yan, Zayana?” Amore interfere.

While continuing to look at SJ, who seemed genuinely baffled, she responds, “It's the original definition of cute! Kaya wala kang girlfriend, you don't know how to make a woman's heart race!” She got to her feet and walked right over to the kids, who were preoccupied with their own world.

“Then, teach me the quickest way to a woman's heart!” SJ exclaimed as he approached Zayana, who just rolled her eyes inwardly.

“How long ago did SJ have his last girlfriend?” Amore enquired.

“If I'm not mistaken, it was four years ago, but technically speaking, there was no breakup between them.”

“Huh?”

“His last girlfriend passed away. She committed suicide.”

“Oh, I'm sorry... But, may I ask as to why she did that?”

“The incident took place in December of that year when SJ was on holiday with Lolo and Lola in Switzerland. The woman was in a deep depression at the time, but SJ was unaware of it because he was too busy attending events with our grandparents... She was driven to commit suicide by issues with her family, finances, and education... SJ also blamed himself for missing it and for not picking up her last call, he believed that she might not have done it if he had and that she's probably enjoying her life now.”