58│changed

CHAPTER 58: changed

The Minister was moving in fast paste through the Manor

The Minister was moving in fast paste through the Manor. He had some things he needed with Camellia. She was sitting in the living room waiting for him. He walked inside and got a little terrified at the look he got from her, but he shook it off and sat himself down opposite of her. "Good morning. I hope I didn't come too early, Miss Withlock?"

"That's quite alright, Minister. What brings you here?"

"The will of Albus Dumbledore--," Draco, who was standing behind Camellia, squeezed her shoulder a little. "Your name is listed in his will. To Camellia Black Withlock, I give you my phoenix, Fawkes. May she help you through dark times and be there for you when you need her the most."

"He gave me his phoenix?"

"Yes--"

"Where is she?"

"Ehm... well, we don't know. She disappeared after Dumbledore's death and we haven't been able to locate her," she nods her head slowly.

"Was that all, Minister?" she asks and he gets up from the chair. "Yes, that was all. It was a pleasure seeing you again, Miss Withlock."

"As you, Minister," they escort him out and walk towards their room afterwards. Draco opens his mouth to speak, but she raises her hand to stop him. "Yes, I'm alright. We're leaving for Hogwarts tomorrow so we need to pack." She started walking towards her small trunk that she had put an expansion spell on and began packing. Draco followed her slowly. They pack everything they need and walk back downstairs. Camellia was asked to join on a mission and went out while Draco went to the kitchen where he hoped to find his mother. He had something he needed to discuss about his girlfriend. Ever since he got hurt before summer she had been acting like a completely different person. He began to see that the fight she had with Blaise was true on his part. She had changed, and not for the better.

Later that night Camellia came back completely exhausted. She fell asleep the second her head hit the pillow. Draco went over to her and kissed her forehead, "I miss you--"

⊰ ❃ ⊱

The young couple were walking through the station. It was almost like last year, but more terrifying. Everyone knew about Camellia and Draco being Death Eaters and that she was the reason for almost half of the deaths that have been around lately. People were scared of her and didn't dare look her in the eyes. If you look back on her first year at Hogwarts, no one would believe you if you said this was how she would end up. That time everyone hated her and judged her for her parents, they teased her and made her feel like she didn't belong. That's completely different from now. Now, even Draco is afraid of her and about what she can do if you get on her bad side.

They get inside the train and sits in the Slytherin compartment. Their friends come one after another and sit with them. They greet them shyly before sitting down. The train starts moving and some conversations start around the compartment, but there is no laughter or smiles. Almost everyone is scared and doesn't dare make too much sound. When they came about halfway on the trip, some Death Eaters came into the train looking for Harry. They didn't find him and went to where Camellia was sitting.

"He's not here, Madam."

She doesn't even look at them or acknowledge their presence, "Did you believe he would?"

"Emh--" he looks at his partner. "No, Madam," the two Death Eaters look at each other before apparating away. She makes one of her books appear and starts reading. The rest of the ride went pretty well with no disturbances. At the feast, Severus was announced as the new headmaster and some rules were applied. Draco and Camellia were still prefects and showed the first years around. All of them were scared and many people felt bad that the new Slytherin first years had to be shown around by the infamous Death Eater Camellia Withlock.

When they were done, they went to their common room and sat down at their usual spot on the sofa. Camellia placed her head in Draco's lap and closed her eyes. He started stroking her hair while trying to listen to his friend's conversation. "How is she?" Blaise asks after some time, hoping she's asleep.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean."

"She's not Melia if that's what you mean."

Theo scoffs silently, "She's terrifying. Whenever we are on a mission, I'm scared she'll kill us too. That magic she does it's-- I don't even know how to describe it. Terrifying doesn't even begin to describe it."

Draco can feel Camellia move and moves his hand away in a fast movement. She sits up and looks at Theo who looks at her with wide eyes, "I'm glad you see me that way, Nott." She turns to Draco and kisses him on the cheek with a smile, "I'm going to bed. Good night." A few good nights come from her friends as she gets up and walks towards her bedroom. On the way, Rosie comes towards her and hugs her. She smiles widely and brings her with her.

"At least there is still some Melia left."

"Rosie will always be a soft spot for Melia. No matter how much she changes," the others nod their heads in agreement at Draco's statement.