55│part of the story

CHAPTER 55: part of the story

This winter break would be the first break that Melia and Draco wouldn't be going to the manor for

This winter break would be the first break that Melia and Draco wouldn't be going to the manor for. In fourth and fifth year, they went to their annual Christmas party, but they were ordered to stay at Hogwarts and work on the cabinet. Because it was the winter break, they didn't have any classes and they were able to work even more on the cabinet. They worked day and night and their friends were beginning to get very worried about the two of them. They knew Melia always got missions at the beginning of the school year, but now they are beginning to wonder if Draco is a part of the mission this year. They had been trying to talk to them and get them to speak, but Melia just acts innocent while Draco gets angry and leaves.

The time was ticking towards eight in the morning. They had worked all night and completely forgot the time. The two of them started walking down towards the common room, dark circles visible under Draco's eyes. Melia was quite used to sleepless nights, so it didn't show that much on her if she hadn't slept for a while. She sat down on the sofa and Draco laid down with his head on her lap. She started stroking his hair and made a book and a blanket appare. First, she put the blanket around him before starting to read the book. Their friends came out of their dormitories, seeing the picture unfolding in front of them.

"Good morning," Melia looked up from her book with a smile and said her good mornings to them. They looked over at Draco and wondered why they even bothered to get up from bed if he was going to sleep when they came down, but they didn't dare ask. Blaise asked if they were coming to breakfast, but she kindly declined them. After about an hour, Draco woke up and walked up to his room. Melia put back her book in her pockets and walked towards the library. She wanted to try and find some more books on how to fix the cabinet. They have looked there before and found nothing, but she wanted to try again.

Before she was able to come anywhere near the library, the trio and Ginny stopped her. They must have just arrived. They stood there just looking at her like they couldn't find the right words. Ron clears his throat before speaking.

"You knew, didn't you? That Bellatrix and Greyback would come and burn down our house."

"Yes, I knew, but if I told you. Nothing would change. And it's part of the story. Somethings has to happen for something else to happen."

"What?!" he furrows his brows.

"I'm sorry, but I have other things to do," she starts walking away but stops by the corner. "I'm really sorry about your house, Ron... Ginny. At least we live in a magical world, right?" she gives him a faint smile and walks out of the room. Everything happens for a reason...

⊰ ❃ ⊱

Melia ran as fast as she could towards the hospital wing. Tears were threatening to spill, but she kept them in. She had just gotten word that Ron had been poisoned. She opened the door and when she saw Ron lying in the bed, paler than ever, she couldn't keep her tears in any longer. She went over to Hermione who hugged her and wiped away her tears. Melia could hear them talking, but couldn't concentrate on what they were saying. I did this. Because of me, he almost died. This stupid spell and my stupid memory that makes me forget things like this. If only I remembered, then he wouldn't have ended up almost dying. Her head snaps to the side as the door suddenly opens and in comes Lavender Brown asking for her Won-Won. Melia furrowed her brows in disgust at the name. Then Ron woke up and started muttering something.

"Hr... My... Nee... Hr! My! Nee!" Hermione grabs his hand, smiling triumphantly to herself and Melia can't help letting her face turn into a small smile. She puts her hand on Hermione's shoulder and stays for a little while longer. When she's walking back to the dungeons, her thoughts come back to her. For a little while, she had forgotten that it was her fault. She walks with heavy steps towards her room. Draco runs after her and the other's are wondering once again what is happening.

She walked inside and didn't even bother closing her door. Melia went to her desk and threw everything that was on the table off and let out a loud scream. She went to one of the walls, put her back against it and slid down letting loud sobs escape her lungs. Draco went over to her and let her cry on his shoulder, "It was my fault he almost died. One of my best friends almost died because of me."

"Shh, it was my idea. I shouldn't have made you do it."

"You didn't make me do anything. I did it out of my own free will, Draco." Their friends come running up after hearing the scream and the loud smash. Blaise gets down on one knee and looks Melia straight into her eyes.

"Now you really need to tell us what is happening. All of us are worried about both of you. We know it has something to do with the Dark Lord, but we don't know what."

Melia gets out of Draco's embrace and gets up from the floor. She wipes away her tears and sets up her hair in a messy bun. She makes everything go back to its place wandlessly, "The mission is far too important for people like you to know," she spats at him. "Now, get out of my room. You don't have anything to worry about. We can handle ourselves." Blaise looks at her bewildered, wondering if he heard right. He had never seen her act like that towards him or the others. He looks over at Draco who looks at him with no emotion in his face.

"You've changed, Melia. I don't even know who you are anymore."

She huffs at his answer, "People change, Blaise. If you can't accept me for who I am then leave."

"That's the problem! I can't accept you when you aren't you," he shouts at her. "You're lost, Melia. I hope you find yourself soon before you do something you'll regret," he says softer than before. He takes one final look at her before walking out of the room, the others walking after him. When they come downstairs, everyone is looking at them. They must have heard the fight happening.

"What are you looking at?!" he hisses at them. They look away, scared of his sudden outburst. They had never seen or heard him that angry before. He walked right towards one of the armchairs and sat down, rubbing his temples.

(A/N) Some of the lines in this chapter are from Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince movie script, which mean that I don't own it. Everything else is written by me.