33│the final...

CHAPTER 33: the final...

Everyone was sitting outside the maze, waiting for the final task to start

Everyone was sitting outside the maze, waiting for the final task to start. The day after her "lesson" she acted like what happened the night before didn't happen, but inside it was tearing her apart. The girls were concerned for her and told Draco. He knew it had something to do with her mission and didn't ask her about it. She has been trying to keep him out of everything. She knew that in their sixth year he also had to get the mark and do a mission for the Dark Lord. So, until then, she has decided to keep him out of it. She'll sometimes come into his room at night after having a nightmare or because she can't sleep, and he comforts her. Because he knows that she won't tell him. So the only thing he can do is let her cry herself to sleep.

Melia gave Harry a hug earlier telling him that she's sorry. He didn't understand it, but he will later. She was instructed to go to the graveyard later and when he sees her, he would want to shut her out completely. She also went to Hermione and asked for her to understand and wait for her letter. Hermione didn't understand at all but agreed that she would wait to have an opinion until she had read her letter.

The champions were getting in place now. Mad-Eye nodded his head at Melia, who nodded back at him. She gripped Draco's hand. Soon she would have to leave, and she won't be seeing him for a while. The cannon fired and the two first champions went into the maze. After a few minutes, the two last went in. The arena was silent, just a few people were talking. Then a red light was seen and then Fleur came out. Not long after Krum was also taken out of the maze. Melia knew it was getting closer now. Then she felt it. Her arm.

She kissed Draco, "I love you."

Then she walked out of the arena, but before she was able a strong hand stopped her. Severus looked her in the eyes. Pleading. She had never seen him like this before.

"You don't have to go."

"That's the problem, Severus," she looks at him and wriggles out of his grip. "I do."

She began running down to where she could apparate. She flicked her fingers and then she was wearing her finest dress. She then apparated to the graveyard where all the others were. Melia placed herself right by Lucius with her back pointed against Harry. Voldemort began unmasking his followers and when he saw Melia, you could almost see a small smile creeping upon his lips. She tried to keep her face straight. He moved closer to her.

"Ahh, miss Camellia Withlock. Your work has helped me greatly. I'm shocked you made it this far..."

A few people began laughing, but stopped when he gave them a deathly glare, "I've trained all my life for this, my Lord."

"Yes, you have," he says with a horrifying smile. Then he moved over to Cedric's corpse and he remembers that Harry is in our presence. Harry struggles and tries to get free, but Voldemort moves over to him and touches his scar. He cries out in pain, and Melia hits herself internally trying not to break.