44│nine pm sharp

CHAPTER 44: nine pm sharp

"So, um, the first thing we should learn is the disarming charm," Harry starts off pretty awkwardly

"So, um, the first thing we should learn is the disarming charm," Harry starts off pretty awkwardly. Everyone stands in a semicircle around a dummy that's supposed to look like a death eater. It has a mask and it towers over them. Melia laughs at it, thinking it's pretty weird. Neville stands in front of it and points his wand at it. Then he shouts out the spell and his wand shoots over their heads and everyone ducks. "I'm hopeless."

Melia notices Harry's hesitance and moves towards Neville, "No, you're not. You're just flourishing your wand too much. Here, try it like this." Melia flicks her wand and the wand in the dummies hand flies towards her. She catches it gracefully.

"Okay, let's try the wand movement first and then we can start on the spell again," Harry says and moves beside Melia. She shows the movement while Harry explains. One girl was able to do it by the end of the lesson. Melia said goodbye to everyone before leaving. She went back to her common room and found the gang sitting there. But there was someone there she didn't recognize at first. When she moved closer she saw that it was Theodore Nott with his arm over Millicent's shoulders. Melia smirked at her and sat herself down by Pansy.

"I see all of us have someone now," they look at her questioning. "There's me and Draco, Pansy and Daph and now Millie and Nott. Well, not Blaise though."

He glared at her, "Thanks for pointing it out." All of them laugh at him and Millie looks over at Melia. She looks so happy and it makes Melia glad to see her smiling so broadly. Then Melia feels a sudden pain on her left arm. She tries to not show it, but Draco notices.

"Hey, love. Why don't we start to go to bed? It's getting pretty late, and you seem tired."

"Yes, you're right. Let's go." The two of them start walking towards their bedrooms. Melia goes to hers and he goes to his, but Draco walks over to her room. "You noticed?"

"Of course I noticed. I have seen you in pain so many times, that I just know."

"I'm sorry--"

"What are you sorry about, none of this is your fault. How many times do I have to tell you?"

She smiles up at him and pecks him on the lips. He snakes his hands around her waist and kisses her. She returns the kiss right away. They move over to the bed and Draco lies on top of her. He tries to move his hand under her shirt, but she stops him and turns him around.

"No," she chuckles. "I want to read that book today. We never got to start it last time." He smirks at her, which earns him a small slap from Melia. She goes to get the book and nuzzles into his side. Even though she's gotten her voice back, Draco insists on reading. She doesn't mind it at all and likes it better that way.

⊰ ❃ ⊱

'Mione had been acting weird the past few days. Today she gave Melia the password for the Gryffindor common room and told her to go inside at 9 pm sharp. She has no idea what 'Mione would want, but she didn't want to question it. Draco may have also been in on whatever is going to happen because he told her to wear something nice, but casual. So he must know what's going to happen.

Melia put on one of her checkered dark blue dresses and put a cropped light blue cardigan over the dress. She combined some white sneakers with the outfit. She put her hair in a low bun and put on some lip gloss before walking out of the bathroom.

"You look amazing, love," he says while she moves over to him where he sits on the bed. She moves between his legs and puts her hands around his neck, kissing him lightly on the lips. "I know I do," she says cheekily and chugs lightly on his hair and a small groan escapes from his lips. She smiles into the kiss.

"You're going to be late--" she just keeps kissing him, "Come on, love. What are you so afraid of?" Melia looks him in the eyes and takes a deep breath. "My mark is stinging, not in the way when he calls for us, but it tickles in an uncomfortable way."

He furrows his brows. This is the first time he hears about it. He knew that her mark had been burning, but not that it hurt without him calling for her. "Could it be side effects from the spell? You have been using it a lot lately," she moves one finger across her mark, feeling it sting even more when she touches it. Draco takes her arm and kisses the mark before moving her sleeve down again. Then he ushers her out of the room telling her that Hermione would be angry with both of them if she's late. And with that, she walked towards the Gryffindor common room.

Melia looked around, looking to see if any teachers were close by before saying the password. The portrait opens up and she walks inside. The room was unusually quiet, but she didn't think anything of it and continued walking inside. When she came inside, there was no one there. She was confused but sat herself down on the sofa. She looked down at her watch and saw that it was five minutes until 9 pm and Hermione did say to meet her sharp, so she decided to wait.

When the time hit 9 pm sharp, a group of people came down the stairs yelling different things. "Happy Birthday / surprise etc." she smiled widely at them all. Hermione in the front with Harry, Ron, Ginny, the twins and a few other Gryffindors from her year.

"Since we didn't get to do it last year, we wanted to do it this year!" 'Mione says and embraces her.

"We had to argue with your Slytherin friends for a long time for this," Ron hits Harry in the arm. He rubs his neck with one of his hands and on the other hand, Melia notices him holding something. "Here, it's a gift from us three. I hope you'll like them," she takes the package and opens it to reveal three books with three different cards. They told her to open them later, she hugged them all and then the party started. Some others came because they heard about it being a party.

When the clock neared 11 pm, Melia went back to her common room after saying thank you for the thousand times that night. She walked straight to her bedroom and found Draco sitting at her desk, reading a book. He puts down his book and walks over to her when he notices her. He kisses her quick on the lips before taking her hand and leading her out of the dungeons and all the way to the room of requirements. She has no idea what he's doing but follows him nonetheless.

She had not been expecting to see what she saw when Melia walked inside. There was a fireplace on one of the walls with a big red sofa in front of it and in the middle of the room there was a table set for two. She looked over at him questioningly, "Happy first anniversary, pumpkin." Of course, we had our first kiss on my birthday last year. I completely forgot! Melia smiled widely and he brought her over to the table, moving the chair out for her and then sitting down himself.

They had an amazing dinner with her favourite foods and had some ice cream after dinner. Now they were sitting on the sofa in front of the fireplace, just drowning in each other's presence.

"I almost forgot," he says and reaches for something in his pocket. "Here, I know how much you like pictures, so I framed it for you. That way it'll last longer." Melia looked at the picture and recognised it right away. It was the picture they took on their first date a few weeks ago.

"Thank you, love."

(A/N) Some of the lines in this chapter are from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie script, which mean that I don't own it. Everything else is written by me.

Her outfit, but blue ☟