53│too tired?

CHAPTER 53: too tired?

Melia was getting ready for the first Slughorn party

Melia was getting ready for the first Slughorn party. She took out one of her wine red coloured dresses that was short and had a little puffy skirt, but not too much. And the top had spaghetti straps and a v-neckline. She put on some lip gloss and some mascara before walking to the party. When she got there, almost everyone was already seated. Melia had a habit of arriving late to this kind of things. She smiled apologetically before sitting down opposite of Hermione and Harry. That was the only available place left. When Slughorn asked Hermione about her parents, Melia couldn't hold back her laugh when she told them the story about that boy who bit her father's finger. Hermione shot her a deadly glare and Melia raised her arms in defence.

"And you miss Withlock? What did your parents do?"

"Oh, um... my parents didn't work. They were unemployed--"

"You mean they were Death Eaters!" a boy snickered at her, but she ignored him.

"I knew your parents very well. Exceptional students. Your mother was a Slytherin like you and your father, he was a Gryffindor. I remember the fights they would have in my classroom."

"Fights?"

"Yes, they always fought with each other. I found it quite weird that they ended up together in the end. As far as I've heard, they had an arranged marriage," she furrowed her brows in confusion. "You didn't know?"

"No, I remember them as very loving people. They would always hug and kiss. I would have never thought it was an arranged marriage if they hadn't told it to me themselves!" she gets up from her chair and excused herself. She walked slowly back to the common room, trapped in her thoughts. Arranged marriage? But they always seemed so in love when I was young. Maybe they just grew on each other? She lets out a loud breath before saying the password and walking in. She doesn't acknowledge the shouts of her name when she walks up to her dorm. Draco follows her up and stands in front of her on the bed. She sat down, looking into nothingness.

"Did you know my parents had an arranged marriage?"

"I--" she looks up at him with tears threatening to fall. "You did?" her voice is almost inaudible and soft. He just hugs her and apologizes. He thought she knew so he didn't bring it up. There wasn't any place he could bring it up anyways. "But they did love each other. They didn't hate each other in school, they just pretended so that no one found out about their secret relationship. My mother told me about it one day."

"So they were in love all along?" he nods his head at her and she smiles. He wipes away her tears with his thumb and kisses her nose. She lets out a breathy laugh. He kisses her on the mouth and tries to take off her dress, but she stops him.

(A/N) There is some sexual content ahead. If you don't want to read that, you can skip it. There will be another a/n after it's done. There is no important information. So if you skip, you don't miss anything important.