16│malfoy manor

CHAPTER 16: the malfoy manor

They walk in the big doors of the manor and Melia is stunned right away by how pretty the manor looks

They walk in the big doors of the manor and Melia is stunned right away by how pretty the manor looks. How could I forget this place, it's beautiful. Draco takes his hand under her chin and closes it. She hits his arm playfully, which he just smirks at.

"Draco, why don't you show Cam- Melia her room?" Narcissa says. Draco takes Melia's hand and starts to walk her towards the stairs. Lucius turns around walking into his office, Narcissa right behind him. He sits down and scoffs.

"She looked at the house like it's the first time she had seen it."

"Lucius-"

"No, this is absurd. The whole situation is absurd."

"Lucius. You know that Olivianna's and Rutherford's spell worked, but it came with a side effect. She can't remember anything. Not yet, at least," she walks over to him and places her hands on his shoulders. "Now we just have to wait until my sister comes. Until then, let's make the days she has left the best we can," he places a hand over hers.

"Yes, let's do that. Let's make her last days of her childhood the best we can."

Back upstairs, Draco had just shown Melia her new room for the summer before they went to the library. They were sitting on the sofa, her legs are over Draco's and he runs his hand up and down one of her legs. They sit like that for an hour of just reading in a comfortable silence until Narcissa comes into the room. She smiles at them before telling them that dinner is ready.

They walk down to the dining room where Lucius is already seated. After a delicious meal, Melia goes up to bed. She's had a long day and needs sleep. She takes a quick shower and changes into her pyjamas. That night she dreams about the first time she met Draco, the one she remembers.

The next few days had been some of the best days both Draco and Melia have had in a long time. Lucius and Narcissa wanted to keep the promise they made to Melia's parents. They couldn't hold it for much longer, but they were going to do their best. A lot of people think that it was the Malfoy's that had something to do with their disappearance, but that was not the case. The two families were very close to each other. But because of the Dark Lord, they had to stop that friendship. Narcissa feels guilty for what happened to them even though she had nothing to do with it. She lost her best friend just as Draco did, only that she never gets to see hers again.

"I want to show you something," Draco says one day to Melia. She had a questioning look on her face. He takes her hand and hauls her up from the sofa. They go outside, into the gardens. When they are nearly at the place he was going to show her, he takes his hands over her eyes.

"Draco," she whines.

"Trust me, love."

They take a few more steps before they come to a stop. He removes his hands. On the grass under the big tree, there is a blanket with food and pillows on it. He takes her hand and leads her down to sit. After they had eaten way more food than they should have, Melia starts to feel tired. She lays her head in his lap and he strokes her hair. He takes out the book he brought with him and starts reading out loud. 'Oliver Twist', she thought. He remembered. Before he was even able to read one chapter, she had fallen asleep. He puts down the book for a minute and kisses her forehead, then he starts to read again.

The next day, Melia wakes up before everyone else. Or so she thinks. She walks down to the kitchen where Narcissa is standing. She says good morning to Melia and places a plate of egg and bacon in front of her. Melia smiles gratefully. Should I? Will she remember it?

"Could I get some pumpkin juice with the breakfast?"

Narcissa looks at her, a tear falling down her face. She smiles at her and walks over to the fridge. She takes a glass and pours some juice in it then gives it to Melia.

"There you go. I won't tell your mom," she says with a wink as some more tears run down her face. Now Melia is also shedding tears.

"Thank you. Nissi."

Nissi, that's what she used to call Narcissa. Melia doesn't know how, but she just suddenly remembered the nickname she gave her. Now both of them are crying messes. Draco comes into the room and sees the scene unfolding in front of him.

"What's going on? Why are you both crying?" He asks with worry in his voice. Melia points at the glass with pumpkin juice. "Wait, is that pumpkin juice? Is that what all this crying is about?" They both nod their heads. Lucius comes up behind Draco whispering, "Women..." Both Melia and Narcissa take a bacon piece and throw it at the boys.

"Hey, stop wasting food!" Lucius tells them off. The girls look at each other, smiling from ear to ear. Thank you, Nissi.

⊰ ❃ ⊱

I'm sitting in the living room again. I can hear some people talking. What they were talking about is a blur still, but I can hear my name being mentioned a few times.

This is the same dream from when I was attacked by a dementor on the train.

I'm trying to move closer to them, but it's like my whole body is frozen in place. Tears are running down my face for a reason unknown. It has to be because of what's happening in the kitchen. Out of nowhere, a woman comes out of the kitchen. she sits down in front of me. She's crying. Telling me how much she loves me and that she's sorry for everything. Then I hear her muttering a spell I don't recognize. The next thing I know I'm sitting in the kitchen in my house in Oslo, laughing with my "parents" like what happened before was just a bad dream.

She wakes up with a start. I haven't had that dream since the dementor attack. Why now? She gets up from her bed. Puts on a sweater and walks out of her room across the hall to Draco's room. She opens the door quietly. He wakes up by the sudden change in light that came into the room when she opened the door.

"Hey, you. What's happened?" she walks towards his bed and lays down beside him. He places his arms around her and pulls her closer. "Did you have a nightmare?" She nods her head into his bare chest. "You want to talk about it?" Melia doesn't answer. Draco moves some hair out of her face and kisses her forehead. A few moments later they're both asleep again, feeling safe in each other's arms.