25│padfoot

CHAPTER 25: padfoot

'Dear Sugar,

It's so good to be hearing from you again. I was beginning to get a little worried. Harry told me about you being in Slytherin, but as long as you're happy with it then it's alright with me. And I have found a place. My parents liked that house.

Now, I understand if you're not ready to talk or write about it, but I would really like to know what happened with my cousin. That woman is not well in her head and if she did something then I would like to know what!

It's good that nothing happened to you at the Quidditch World Cup. I heard about what happened and it's good that Harry made it out alright too.

It's alright that you didn't write to me before this. I know you had your reasons. And I will always worry about you, so you don't have to tell me to don't. Because I will. I also hope I get to see you soon.

Love Padfoot'

Melia gets up from her bed and goes to the desk to write a reply. Daphne suddenly comes up behind her.

"Who was the letter from?"

"No one you know off,"

"Ooh, a lover?"

"She's with Draco, Daph," Pansy says from her bed. Melia turns to her.

"What, I'm not!" she signs quickly.

"She says they're not," Daphne translates. "That's bull. You both hang over each other all the time."

Pansy moves over so that she stands beside Daphne. "And a few nights ago, you weren't in your bed and in the morning you came out of the boys' dorm... with Draco."

"It's not like I was sleeping with him in his dorm," she looks at Daphne who gladly translates, then she continues knowing that she will be translating. "I couldn't sleep, and he offered for me to sleep in his bed. That's it, just sleep. We haven't even kissed or talked about having a relationship like that."

"You haven't kissed yet?!" they say in unison. Millicent wakes up by all the shouting.

"Who hasn't kissed yet?" she asks in confusion. "Draco and Melia."

"You haven't kissed yet?"

"No, should we have?" Pansy grabs her hand and moves her over to Daphnes' bed. They all started with giving her relationship advice, but in the end, it ended up with Pansy and Daphne arguing again. They always argue over small things. Whether it's about using too much time in the bathroom or about the clothes lying on the floor or other meaningless things. Melia just laughs at them and moves over to her desk again to write back to Sirius.

She thought long and hard on whether not telling him or not. What if he stops talking to me or gets me sent to Azkaban? No, he wouldn't. Right? After some time, she started writing it down. Not to send it, yet. She would write it and send it when she was ready.

'Padfoot,

This summer started great as I wrote before. We ate amazing dinners and me and Draco spent a lot of time in the library. (Their library is huge!) Draco arranged a picnic one day and we ate so much more food than we should have, and he read me my favourite muggle book, Oliver Twist. It was so fun. They made me feel so welcomed and they took care of me.

Then one morning Narcissa came into my room and told me to wear a dress she had with her. I dressed and went downstairs with her. When I came downstairs, Bellatrix was standing in the living room. She said she had an offer for me and that I had to fulfil what my parents promised the Dark Lord. Me being a weapon he could use. I refused and told her that she would have to make me. Which she did. She tortured me for a month before... before I gave in. I couldn't handle the pain anymore and passed out right after I agreed. When I woke up again a week later, I had a dark mark. I don't remember getting it or how, but I did.

I was very depressed after that, but both Draco and Narcissa helped me. I wasn't able to sleep, which I still can't, and all the food I ate came up again. Which it also still does, but not as severe as it was in the summer. For some reason, pumpkin juice is the only thing I can drink without it coming up again. Draco read me books that Hermione had sent me and got an idea from one of them.

Because of all the screaming I did, my voice broke and it needs time to heal. I can speak a little now, but not that much without it hurting. So, Draco and I have been learning sign language so that I don't have to write things down all the time. And learning that is what made me smile again and act more normal. I don't know why, but it was good to "talk" again.

Now I have gotten this stupid mission I have to do. It's hard, but I can't go through what happened this summer happen again. I can't. I won't tell you about it though. At the world cup, me and Draco stayed in the tent. We were there but didn't do anything. We left after everything was done. So at least I'm not to blame for what happened there. Well, I'm partly to blame, I guess. I'm one of them...

I hope you'll forgive me one day and I'm sorry.

Sugar'

Melia folds the letter and places it in an envelope on the desk. Then she goes to the bathroom to make herself ready for the school day. When she comes out again, she notices that the letter is gone. Melia walks over to her desk starting to look for it. Daphne comes up behind her.

"Are you looking for the letter?" Melia nods her head. "Oh, Pansy gave it to your bird. We thought that's why she came here."

"What?! I wasn't going to send it."

"Well, no taking it back now." Melia begins to breathe heavily. No, no, no... She runs to the window to see if Diana is not far away so that she can get her back, but the bird is long gone. No, I'm not ready to tell anyone. She falls down on the floor, having a small mental breakdown. Daphne rushed over to her and soothes her. Millicent comes out of the bathroom and sees what is happening in front of her and rushes over to them.

"What happened?" she says with worry in her voice. "Just, go get Draco. Now!" Millicent runs out of the room and a few moments later she and Draco come into the room. He lifts her up and moves her over to her bed. After she had calmed down a little, he asked her.

"What happened, darling?"

"He knows," she whispers. "I wrote a letter about what happened at the manor, not meaning to send it, but Pansy thought that I was going to send it and gave it to Diana. He's going to hate me." Melia starts to cry again, and Draco pulls her closer.

"Who, Melia? Who did you send it to?"

"Sirius."

He just hugs her harder. He knows how much he means to her. They got this special bond last year and she got hurt trying to prove that he's innocent.

"We'll cover for you today," Daphne says.

Draco looks at her, "Thank you." She smiles at him before walking to class.