9│the proud creature

CHAPTER 9: the proud creature

"Camilla," she flinches, "You need to eat something! You didn't eat yesterday either!" Hermione is trying to get Camilla to eat, but because of what happened in Dumbledore's office, she has lost her appetite

"Camilla," she flinches, "You need to eat something! You didn't eat yesterday either!" Hermione is trying to get Camilla to eat, but because of what happened in Dumbledore's office, she has lost her appetite. "Camilla?" She flinches again without noticing, "please?" Hermione tries her best but to no use. She opens her mouth to try again but gets cut off by McGonagall giving out the timetables. She also notices that Camilla hasn't eaten, so she takes one of the timetables and writes something on the back before she gives it to her.

'Eat something, I know it was a lot to take in, but you'll think better with food in your system.'

Minerva

Camilla reads it and then nods her head gratefully towards McGonagall who smiles at her in return. She takes a piece of bread and starts to eat some. Hermione takes her timetable and reads what McGonagall wrote and then shows it to the boys, then whispers to the boys. "She wrote her first name, not McGonagall. What happened at that meeting this morning?" Harry and Ron shrug.

Harry stands up "We need to get going so we're not late for class," they begin to walk towards their first class of the day, Divination. The three of them sit down together.

"Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the mysterious art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess... the Sight. Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future. But know this. One either has the Gift or not. It cannot be divined from the pages of a book. Books only cloud one's Inner Eye."

Hermione appears out of nowhere, "What rubbish." Ron spins around in his seat.

"Where'd you come from?" she shared a few glances with him before she answered, "Me? I've been here all along." The professor keeps talking, but Camilla is unable to concentrate on any of it.

My mother and father asked Dumbledore and McGonagall for help. To keep me safe. But why would I not be safe? And the Malfoy's is my family. I kind of hoped I could have a chance at Draco, but I guess that won't work now. No, what are you thinking about? You have more important things to think about!

"What do you see in Mr Potter's cup, Mr Weasley?" Camilla's thoughts get cut off by the professor.

"Well. He's got a wonky sort of cross -- that's trials and suffering. But this lot here could be the sun -- that's great happiness. So... he's going to suffer but be very happy about it." The professor takes the cup from Ron's hands and immediately drops it again.

"What is it, professor?" Parvati asks.

"My dear boy... You have the Grim," she answers. "What does it mean, Professor?" Dean Thomas asks the professor.

"The Grim. Taking the form of a giant spectral dog, it is among the darkest omens in our world. It is an omen of death," Camilla blurs out. Everyone is now looking at her and then at Harry. Hermione taps on Camilla's shoulder.

"How do you know that when you haven't even opened up your book?" She shrugs in reply.

⊰ ❃ ⊱

Camilla went down to Hagrid's hut faster than everyone else. She suddenly remembers what they are going to do in this class because of the films. When she arrives at the opening in the forest, she lays her bag and book on the ground before approaching the creature. The girl stands a few meters from it, looks it in the eyes and bows. A few seconds later the creature bows back. She steps forwards and pets it's head and smiles broadly.

"How did you know how to do that?" she turns around and sees Hagrid standing there with an expression that leaks of surprise. Camilla just smiles at that before walking over to her bag and picks it up. A few minutes later the rest of the class appears. Hagrid walks up to the front.

"Gather around. Find yourself a spot. That's it. Now, the first thing you'll want to do is open your books," Camilla does so. Hermione looks at her in confusion. "How?" she closes the book again before showing Hermione how to do it. She strokes its spine and it opens.

"And exactly how do we do that?" Draco asks in confusion

"That's it. Look, Miss Withlock knows how," Camilla closes the book again and shows it to everyone this time. While she's showing them how to do it, she walks back over to Hermione. Hagrid goes somewhere for a moment to get something. Camilla spaces out and doesn't come back from her thoughts before there are just her and Harry in front of everyone. She looks around before pushing Harry forward, giving him a reassuring smile before she walks back to Hermione again.

"I already said hello to him," she answers after seeing her confused look for the third time that day.

"Is that why you went earlier than everyone else?" She nods and looks back at Harry who was now on top of Buckbeak and then he and Harry fly up into the air. Hagrid smiles. After a few minutes, they come back and land. Hagrid lifts Harry off the creature and then says a few words to him. While they talk Draco moves towards Buckbeak.

"Give me a go at that thing. If Potter can do it, it must be easy. You're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute-" Buckbeak looked offended by his words and went to strike him down. Draco falls on his back screaming. "It's killed me, it's killed me!"

"Draco!" Camilla runs to him. "Hagrid, he needs to be taken to the hospital wing!" Hagrid leans down and picks him up saying something about him being the teacher and that it's his responsibility. He begins to walk towards the hospital wing, with Camilla on his heels.

⊰ ❃ ⊱

The girl's sitting in the hospital bed beside him. After he was brought here Madam Pomfrey healed his wound, but he passed out because of the pain. He might have been a little dramatic back in the forest, but the pain was real. He looks so peaceful now. I hope he's not in pain when he wakes up. I'm still mad at him for what he did in Diagon Alley, but that doesn't mean I want him to be in pain. Draco winces before he opens his eyes and sits up. Bright blue eyes meet grey, confused eyes.

"Hi," he starts with a smirk but gets cut off by her getting up from the chair. "What?!" Camilla continues to walk towards the door and opens it. She looks back at him and gives him a small smile before she turns and walks out of the hospital wing. He lays back on the bed with a smirk plastered on his face. God, she makes me speechless.

(A/N) Some of the lines in this chapter are from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban movie script, which mean that I don't own it. Everything else is written by me.