Chapter 12: The Basket Game

"I'm an American! Indy!!" Marion yelled as the Arabs were running away.

Indy was barely catching up to the Arabs. The only reason why Indy could follow the basket was because of Marion's wails for help.
He got to the stage where he could just see the henchmen up ahead.
Indy made it around the corner and gasped in horror...

There were a bunch of people with straw baskets the exact same as the one Marion was in!
He ran through and started tipping down some of the baskets only to find that different clothes and items where stored. The locals were shouting at Indy and
In the distance he saw the 2 Arab men running away.

"Jones!!" Marion yelled.

"Marion!!" Indy shouted.

Indy turned a corner and found a Nazi military truck.
The Arab men loaded the basket into the truck.
A couple of armed henchman were with the truck. Indy ran into the square.
The Arabs shot rapidly at Indy with there machine guns. Indiana quickly took cover, he individually shot the watchmen.
The truck started moving. Indy shot the man in the passenger's, after a few attempts, right before the truck excited the square he shot dead the driver.
The men in the back were still vigorously shooting at Indy.
The driver hit his head on the steering wheel and the truck flipped over after crashing into some abandoned stalls.
Indy walked over however suddenly...

BOOM!

A huge explosion erupted, Indy dived away luckily not getting hit from the pieces of truck.

"Marion..." Indy muttered in disbelief.

Indy sat at a local bar with the monkey, not knowing how the monkey was one of the main reasons Marion was captured. He couldn't think straight.
Slowly he had a drink of wine, he looked at the capuchin monkey and gave it a scratch on the chin.
Jones heard the monkey screech, he looked down, the monkey raced into a side street to meet with its master.

"Doctor Jones... The herr is in the bar" The German informed Indy in a foreign language.
Jones stood up and got assisted by two German agents to a special indoor Arab bar.
There he found Belloq in a white blazer, striped uniform. and black tie, he was wearing a small short brimmed white and black fedora. Indy sat down across the small table from Belloq. A glass filled with wine was already set up for him.

"Belloq" Indy sneered

"Good afternoon, Doctor Jones" Belloq politely greeted

"I ought to kill you right now."

"What a very private place for a murder...?" Belloq questioned.
"It was not I who brought the girl into this business. Please sit down before you fall down. We can at least behave like civilised people." He smartly added.

"I see your taste in friends remains... Consistent. How odd should it be this way between us, after so many stimulating encounters... I almost regret it. Where shall I find a new adversary, so close to my level?" Belloq sarcastically asked.

"Try the local sewer." Indiana glared at Belloq.

"You and I are very much alike. Archeology is our religion, yet we have both fallen from the pure faith. Our methods have not differed as many as you pretend. I am a shadowy reflection of you. And it would take only a nudge to make you like me... To push you out of the light" Belloq smirked.

"Now your getting nasty" replied Indy aggressively.
"What about your boss, Der Fuhrer? I thought he was waiting to take possession."

"All in good time." Belloq leaned closer to Indy,
"When I'm finished with it. Jones, do you realise what the ark is? It's a transmitter. It's a radio for speaking to God. And it's within my reach!"

"You want to talk to God? Let's go see him together, I've got nothing better..."

Indy shoved the table and reached for his gun, however all the Arabs around him aimed their own rifles at him.
Suddenly Sallah's children came rushing in.

"Uncle Indy! Come home now!" They all said

All nine of them started grouping around Indy, takin him back to the truck. The men in the bar started laughing.

"Next time, Indiana Jones, it will take more than children to save you." Belloq shouted. And joined in with the laughter.