Chapter 9: The Medallion

Marion went back behind the bar and finished washing up the glasses. She looked towards the door as there was a strange rattle. The door slowly opened to reveal the Nazi Gestapo Agent, Major Toht with several henchman.

"Good evening Fräulein" He grinned

"The bar is closed" Marion snappishly replied

"We are... We are not thirsty" he wickedly smiled

"What do you want?"

"The same thing your friend, Doctor Jones wanted."

"Surely he told you there would be other... Interested parties..." Toht slowly said.

"It must of slipped his mind" replied Marion

"The man is... Nefarious." Toht chuckled
"I hope for your sake he has not yet acquired it" He included

The Gestapo Agent looked around and examined the bar.

"Why? Are you willing to offer more?" Marion asked

"Oh, almost certainly. Do you still have it?"

"No..." Marion replied

"But I know where it is..." Marion added

Toht walked around with his Mongolian and Nepalese Nazi henchman. He stopped and squatted in front of the blazing fire.

Marion freaked out when she saw the machine guns and snipers the henchman were holding...

"Hey how, how about a drink for you and your men?" She asked, trying to act calm.
Toht grabbed the metal poker and started to poke the flames.

"Your fire is dying here. Why don't you tell me where the place is right now?"

Marion snapped,
"Listen Herr Mac, I don't know what kind of people your used to dealing with, but nobody tells me what to do in my place."

Toht sneered at Marion,
"Fräulein Ravenwood... Let me show you what I'm used to... Nick!"

One of the Mongolians from behind the bar grabbed Marion violently, leaning the screaming girl against the bar.

"Get your... Lousy hands... Off me!" Marion yelled at the Henchman.

Toht stopped poking the fire and lifted it up. The end of the metal poker was glowing. Toht held the boiling tip of the poker near Marion's cheek.

"Wait a minute. Wait I, I, I can be reasonable"

"That time is past" Toht evilly said

"You don't need that!" Marion was breathless, her heart rate was going super fast.

"I'll tell you everything" she screamed

"Yes, I know you will" Toht whispered in her shaking ear.

The poker was getting closer and closer to Marion's cheeck, the glowing metal poker, reflected off of Toht's foggy golden glasses.
Marion was screaming... She almost felt the blazing part of the metal on her check...

WACK!

The poker fell onto the floor, Marion looked and saw Indy with his bullwhip uncoiled

"Let her go" Indy demanded

Indiana grabbed his pistol out of the his holster and started shooting. Toht ran for cover behind the bar.
One of the henchman started shooting at Indy, who took cover behind some win barrels just in time.
Indy turned his head around and shot the henchman in the chest.
The henchman started shooting up towards the ceiling as he was slowly started dying. Blood was dripping down from his wound and onto the wooden floor.
Marion screamed in horror, she stealthily ran around and ducked behind another of the henchman who was firing his machine gun.
Marion hid behind the wooden cabinets. Toht moved with his shot gun and ducked around the table area near the fire. He tried shooting however he kept missing Jones.
The wine barrel Indy was hiding behind was leaking from all the bullets fired in it. He moved and ran and hid behind a wall with his pistol ready.
Another Nepalese stood up to get a better aim at Indy, however in the process Indy shot his foot, causing him to trip over. One of the Nepalese made his way up the old stairs and started sniping down from the unstable balcony.
He leaned as he aimed his sniper however the balcony couldn't take his weight. It snapped, leaving the man fall head first onto the ground.
Toht was hiding under the table.
He was desperately looking for the medallion. Indy shot the table in which Toht was hiding under, breaking the glass bottles.
However Toht didn't know that on top of the table was his golden prize. As the gun fire raged on, Marion put her sweaty and shaky hands tightly over her ears.
Another Nepalese made his away behind a table and knelt down, he started firing his sniper towards the wall which Indy was hiding behind. Some of the burning logs fell onto the ground as the bullets had hit them.
The flames suddenly ignited with the liquor on the floor, which traveled it's way towards where the Nepalese was sniping.
He stood up and screamed in agony as his back caught on fire. In no time at all his body was now taken over by the harsh red, hot flames. Marion screamed as she saw the man critically dying.
The flaming Nepalese man slowly walked forward with his hands out towards the shocked Marion. Indy quickly shot him straight in the forehead, the man fell forward, his flamed hand barely missing Marion's shoe.
Marion moved around the side of the bar, and lifted up her head.
A Mongolian was shooting with his sniper at Indy from inside the bar, too focused to worry about Marion
However Toht did, he saw Marion's head and tried to shoot her however it missed and hit the wine tap on the bar. Marion leant forward and drank from the wine spilling onto the floor.
Indy moved in front of the door until it smashed open, resulting in it hitting Indy's arm, Indy grunted in agony. In walked another Nepalese man by the name of Sherpa. He violently knocked Indy against the wall.
Toht crawled out from under the table and stood behind the one next too it. Soon the previous table which he hid under had already caught on fire.
The fire had now made its way through the middle of the room. The Gestapo agent hid behind the bar and accidentally knocked over 2 bottles of whisky on to the ground, which the flames soon ignited on.
He gazed as the fire spread even more rapidly around the room.
Sherpa brutally lifted Indy up and slammed him onto the table.
A Mongolian was happily watching Indy getting brutally hurt until...

WHACK!

Marion slammed him on the head with a torch. The Sparks flew out around the whole room. He fell on the floor unconscious.
The flames quickly ignited onto the bar.
Sherpa had Indy against the other end of the bar, Indy was desperately trying to reach for the shot gun, however the Nazi wasn't letting him.
Sherpa lifted him up and started choking him.
The Gestapo Agent stood up and started watching them along with the remaining henchman besides him.
"Shoot them."
"Shoot them both." The man calmly ordered.
Indy was still violently getting chocked by Sherpa. Sherpa had his hands over Indy's wrist, his hand was holding the gun. The Nazi stepped forward and accidentally copped the shooting from the machine gun.
Toht quickly ran away until he saw the Medallion on the table he ran for it and made sure he got good grip of it...

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!"

He screamed in agony. The medallion was boiling hot. Toht ran away and jumped out of the window and landed into the snow, he started sobbing as he was resting his blazing hand in the cold snow.

But there were still two more henchmen in the burning building.
One of the henchman grabbed hold of Indy and started chocking him, Indy smashed him onto the burning table, he screamed and let go as he slowly burnt to death.
Indy went over to check Marion until he heard someone yell in a foreign language. He turned around and found a vicious Nepalese man , who had blood dripping down his cheek and a massive burn on his hand. He had his gun aimed at Indy's heart.

SHOOT

Indy gasped, he looked to see where he got shot, and looked up at the man. The Nazi looked up to the ceiling in a trancelike state. Blood started pouring out of his mouth, he collapsed face first. There, Indy saw the nervous Marion holding a pistol, she was breathing heavily.
Indy smiled

"My medallion" Marion yelled,

She grabbed a cream cloth and picked up the golden object. Indy held Marion's hand and took her out of the building before it collapsed all together...

"Well, Jones... You know how to show a lady a good time!! " Marion yelled over the loud wind

"Boy! Your something" Indiana shouted

"Yeah? Well I'll tell you what! Until I get back my five thousand dollars, you're going to get more than you bargained for! I'm your god damn partner!!" Marion barked.