Chapter 3: Escape from the Temple

Indy walked onwards towards the exit of the tunnel. Until he heard a strange noise which sounded like a gigantic rolling rock. Surprisingly he was not wrong, behind him rolled a huge stone boulder, Indy started running, through the spider webs and the vines. The light of the entrance started to become bigger and bigger. He looked back, the giant ball of stone was still chasing after him! If this boulder caught up to him he would be squashed and flattened. He jumped out of the temple exit and rolled onto the ground outside, he felt all the cobwebs stuck to his face, hat, jacket and pants. He opened his eyes to find...

Spears were all being pointed at him, he sat up, as he did the spears where pointed closer at him. Holding the spears where the Hovitos, Indy looked around and to his surprise found Barranca surrounded by the tribesmen. He looked emotion less and firm, one of the Warriors pushed him over to find 100s of darts shot into his back. Walking towards him was man in a light greyish brown uniform with a special hat, he had mostly grey curly hair with little strips of black. To Indy, he was a familiar face.

"Doctor Jones..."

Yet a familiar face, this person was one of Indy's most hated enemies since school

Again we see that there is nothing you can possess which I cannot take away. And you though I had given up..."
Indy started to remove his gun from the gun holster, But the hovitos has their weapons ready.

"You chose the wrong wrong friends... This time it will cost you,"

"Too bad the Hovitos don't know you the way I do Belloq."

"Yes too bad" Belloq smirked.
"You could warn them, if only you spoke Hovitos"

He smirked. With no choice, Indy angrily past the Idol to Belloq, All his hard work wasted...
Belloq raised the Idol above is head facing the Hovitos, whilst speaking in their language. All the Hovitos dropped to the ground and started bowing to the Idol.

Whilst this was happening, Indy quietly snuck behind Belloq. And ran off. It was unnoticed until one Hovito stuck up his head and realised that the man had gone. More and more started to realise. Belloq looked behind him to just see the pile of dark brown dirt which Indy landed on after his leap out of the Temple. Instantly Belloq commanded the Hovitos to find him and kill him.
The Hovitos ran with their weapons in the same direction where Indy escaped. Belloq looked at the precious golden Idol and evilly laughed at his stolen prize.
Indy was running down the grassy hill towards the hill towards the pond. Jock, his hired pilot, was still sitting on his red and white seaplane fishing until he noticed Indy getting chase by a swarm of Hovitos, all throwing spears at Indy who was luckily missing the spears and the poison darts.

"Jock! Start the Engines.... Get it up!" Indy yelled.

Jock looked up.

"Jock! The engines! The engines! The engines Jock!"

Indy yelled. He was close to the shore line, still the Hovitos were running right behind him.
Jock dropped his fishing gear and hopped into the pilots seat. The seaplane's propellers started to run.

Indy grabbed hold of a tree vine and swung into the pond near where the plane was. The Hovitos were throwing spears into the murky pond. Indy was swimming as fast as he could to catch up with the plane. He grabbed onto the pontoon of the seaplane as it was moving.
The Hovitos were still shooting the poison darts and what weapons they had at the plane, however most just stood there helpless as Indy escaped.
Indy climbed up into the cockpit and sat down in relief, he couldn't believe he had just survived. The plane slowly took off.
Indy was relaxed and settled in the cockpit until a python crawled up his body. Indy gasped in horror

"There is a big snake in the plane Jock!
Indy pointed down at the snake, his heart was racing.

"Oh that's just my pet snake Reggie" Jock calmly said.

"I hate snakes Jock! I hate 'em!"

"Come on, show a little bit of backbone will ya?"

The plane flew off into the distance...