Chapter 17: 'Motivation'

Marion held her breath as she heard the tent door getting unzipped. She was too tired to even yell and scream anymore.
Entering the tent was the owner, Belloq. He was tired and sweaty from a long days work, instructing the excavators.
Marion glared at him and found the urge to shout again in anger ordering him to help her .
Following the Frenchman was an Arab digger who was holding a tray filled of nice sandwiches, fruit and drinks.

Belloq grabbed a knife and approached Marion. Marion closed her eyes afraid of what evil he might do. Yet, he casually started cutting the rope.
Rene loosened the gag and stepped back.
Marion shakily stood up and ran towards the entrance until she got blocked by an armed guard outside.

"If you're trying to escape on foot, the desert is three weeks in every direction. So, please, eat something." Belloq informed

Marion fell onto the floor and greedily started taking large mouthfuls of sandwiches and drunk the glasses of water down at once.

"I must apologise for their treatment of you." He added.

"Yeah? Who's idea was it! No food. No water. What kind of people are these friends of yours?" Marion asked with the food still in her mouth.

"At this particular time and place and to my work, they are necessary evils."

"They are not my friends. However, with the right connections, even in this part of the world, we are not entirely uncivilised." Belloq included.

He grabbed a small cardboard box from one of the drawers and charmingly held it out towards Marion. He grabbed out a special white dress which was neatly patterned with special small white beads.

"Beautiful" Marion said sarcastically.

"I would very much like to see you wear it."

Marion smirked and grabbed the dress from Belloq, she walked into his bedroom and started changing. Belloq sneakily held out a small golden, jewelled mirror and placed in the right position so it reflected on Marion changing.

| CREEP |

Marion walked out not noticing what Belloq sneakily did. She smiled and performed a small twirl, much to Rene's excitement.

"Marion... You are beautiful."

Belloq grabbed two large green wine bottles along with two small glasses. He placed them on the table and started to fill both up, handing one of them.
His plan was to trick Marion into telling him more as she got drunk, however he didn't know that Marion was gifted at this kind of 'motivation'.

2 Hours Later

From a mile away, you could hear the laughter of the two, happily pouring wine in each other's glass.

"What is this stuff Rene?" Marion giggled

"I grew up with this! This is my family label!" Bellow laughed

The two went back to laughing
Marion, pretending to act drunk, started to slowly exit. She grabbed a knife from the table and pointed it at Belloq. There was an awkward silence between them for a second or two...
Laughter erupted... Again

"Well, I have to be going now, Belloq"

"Perhaps we'll meet under better circumstances" Belloq chuckled

Marion turned around and almost had a heart attack...

At the door of the tent were two stern, fierce Nazi soldiers, one of which being Dietrich.I between them was Major Toht.
He evilly smiled as he gazed saw the girl rushing back behind Belloq

"We meet again, Fräulein... You Americans, you're always the same. Always over dressing for the wrong occasions..."

One of the soldiers, took off his dark leather coat. Toht grabbed out a piece of un-hooked coat hanger, slowly he approached Marion, grinning. Suddenly he folded the piece of coat hanger into a triangular shaped and passed it over his shoulder to the soldier who took his coat.

Toht grabbed a chair and sat down with the two...

"So... What shall we talk about?" He smiled