Chapter 8 (NEW)

Kai's Pov

"I didn't actually, but it's fine," I shrugged, lying to Courtney. After talking to her a bit more, she walked away and I decided to leave, slipping my car keys into Ariana's purse.

I decided to walk home and left her with the ability to drive just in case anything happened. It would be about an hour's walk, and I needed this time to think. After losing the most important people to me, having new relationships meant everything. It kind of hurt knowing that this was just some dare, even after everything we talked about. I couldn't say that I was surprised though, I felt like everyone would betray me one day, which is why I'm happy I didn't get too attached.

It started to rain, which was not good for me because I was already fifteen minutes into the walk. I stopped once I made it across another street, and pulled out my phone, clicking a certain voicemail.

"Hi, it's me of course. I know you're probably sleeping or in our studio, and I know I'm five minutes away and could probably tell you this then, but I just wanted to call and say it's raining. You're probably like, 'it's just rain' but it reminded me of us. You picked me up when I was in the rain and you became the light of my life. This is gonna sound really fucking corny, but every time it rains I think of you. I know you hate thunder, also, which makes me think of you even more, but as crazy as it sounds, I wanna propose to you on a rainy day. That even when it's pouring rain, you still stop time and make everything go away. Every time day. Corny as fuck, I know. But I just remembered I forgot about dinner, so are tacos okay? Call me back when you get the chance, babe." I smiled, turning off my phone.

It was dark as fuck and raining even harder, but I sat on a bench nearby, looking at the sky. She was right about me hating thunder, it was just too loud. Despite, me being completely soaked and cold, when I realized that this was the first time it rained without her, I broke down. I lost the love of my life to a drowning accident.

Although this seemed crazy, I turned back around and decided that instead of going home tonight, I wanted to go to the cemetery. It was hours away yes, late as fuck at night, but that didn't stop me.

I called an Uber off a different account other than mine (so Joan couldn't track me) then I was driven to the cemetery, which took way less time than it would've walking. I thanked my driver (who even took me to a grocery store to buy flowers) getting out of the car and walked down the paths.

Normally, I'd be creeped out as fuck, but weirdly enough, tonight was full of a bunch of families holding flashlights and standing by graves, not caring about the pouring sky. It was a sad sight to see but in some way, it was comforting to know that others were here too. And as I walked to her grave, I got some reassuring nods and smiles from strangers, letting me know we were all there for the same thing.

When I reached her grave, I started picking up the fallen leaves, then dead flowers, and the other things that had made their way to her grave. I did the same to his, which was conveniently next to hers. I read both tombstones for the numerous time. I even had it completely memorized. I read her name, remembering how I used to call her using those seven letters, then I looked at his, remembering all the shit we did. Then I thought about it, Joan wasn't my legal guardian. I didn't have to be with the Grandes or even Ariana. But at the same time, they made me feel like a part of a family again, and that's something I couldn't take for granted, ever.

12 Hours Later

Ariana's Pov

"Ari, get your ass up!" I heard Frankie say, feeling him shake me. My headache started coming in slowly, but I knew I shouldn't have drunk that much anyways. "Why?" I groaned, hiding underneath my blankets since it was warm.