Chapter 43

Kai's Pov

My house was being used to house all of my guys in fear of another attack happening to them. A lot of my friends believed that the Page was starting up again and this was what was causing it. But I believed things were deeper than just that.

What would genuinely make a person hold a grudge this long? To reveal secret babies, cheaters, drug dealers... the list could go on.

I knew everyone in my inner circle kept secrets, hell, even I did.

I didn't think any of them were behind this though.

It had to be someone on the outside, someone who always managed to get what they needed, unseen. They had to blend in.

I couldn't pinpoint exactly who it was, but I knew they were gonna take everyone down, one by one:

Zayn was the muscle, he had to be the first to go because he was seen as one of the strongest. Using his family against him was a smart move because Zayn would always choose them and back off easily if it meant protecting his daughter. He would never back down from anything, but when it came to Khai, he didn't take chances either.

Next would probably be Lauren, but she didn't have a girlfriend or a child, so attacking her family wouldn't work... plus, who was dumb enough to harm a Jauregui? Blackmail wouldn't work either, because Lauren was never afraid to get her hands dirty, and she was never caught doing so. Which meant whatever they planned, had to be personal.

Camila needed to be scared away. She was never looking for a problem, so giving her something that would result in a problem, would only make her run... until she eventually felt safe again.

This would only leave Shawn and I. Once the other 3 were gone, Shawn wouldn't take chances and leave on his own. He knew how to go off the grid, so right now he was my only advantage against whoever this was. Shawn didn't have any family, nor did he have personal things or secrets... there would be no scaring him away.

And well, me?

It was obvious the only way I was going somewhere, is if I was killed.

It was currently 6:00 am, and everyone was taking shifts, making sure that we'd have no other surprises. It was toward the end of mine with Camila, so we were sitting in the kitchen.

"You're welcome to get some sleep while I finish our shift if you'd like," Camila offered, looking at me from across the table.

I shook my head, keeping my arms crossed. "I'm not tired, but if you are, then you should get some sleep."

"I honestly can't."

"Why?"

"In case you haven't noticed, we're worried about you, especially Lauren." She said. "I saw the way she looked at you."

"You should know Lauren and I always keep feelings away from business, I think you're over reading this."

Camila sent me a look as if she didn't believe me. Grabbing my keys from the countertop, she tossed them to me. "Let's go for a drive."

"And leave everyone else? You know we can't." I sighed, watching her shrug.

"Shawn and Cole are up for the next shift anyways, they won't mind."

"Fine. But just a few blocks, Ariana's supposed to be coming over."

"Sir, yes sir," She teased, earning an eye roll from me.

The drive was quite peaceful, I ended up going farther than we intended to but neither of us minded. The sky was still coming to a blue-ish color, and the sun was barely rising, but everything looked amazing.

Camila talked about a lot of things, some things that had nothing to do with her other points.

There was a moment in the car where Camila went silent and I even tried to talk, but she didn't say anything.

After a bit, my eyes wandered off road, looking over at her, holding a gun to the side of my head.

"This was nice... I'm almost sad I had to do this." She chuckled, taking one last look at me, and pulling the trigger.

Ariana's Pov

Ever since last night I was on edge. This whole time I was sleeping next to a guy I didn't even know... or perhaps, never knew.

I figured Kai would be up now, knowing that it was around seven and she wanted me here early anyways. Once I got up, I did my morning stuff, got ready and cooked breakfast.

Otto was gone on a family trip, so I wouldn't have to worry about him for the next two weeks, thankfully.

When I made it to her house, I noticed no cars were parked near it, but I figured she did this so it wouldn't raise any suspicion.

I still had the key Victoria gave me, so I walked in unannounced. This was a mistake because as soon as I did, multiple guns were pointed at me.

"Holy shit, Ariana. You can't scare us like that." Shawn sighed, obviously shocked. He tossed his gun, taking a seat on the couch. "I'm guessing you're here for Kai?"

I looked around, noticing Lauren sleep on the couch, as well as Zayn. No Camila or Kai though.

"Is Camila here?" I asked, watching Shawn shake his head, "no."

"She's with Kai... is everything alright? Should I call her?"

I sighed, realizing this would be a lot harder than expected. I was literally asking them to believe that Camila wasn't who she said she was.

"We need to talk."

By the end of me explaining what I found in Otto's phone, Zayn seemed to be the only one convinced. I figured this would happen since she and Zayn weren't that close, while Lauren and Shawn both had soft spots for Camila.

"So you expect us to believe Camila works for Otto? Or that she's married to him?" Lauren restated, sarcastically. "Do you even have proof?"

Without saying anything, I pulled my phone out, handing it to the three of them, as they looked over the screenshots I took.

Shawn scoffed, throwing the phone back to me. "No... this isn't real, she's lying, Camila would never do something like this."

"You don't find it weird that Camila was completely unfazed by my house being trashed? She's always been scared of stuff like that. She was like that when everyone found Madison at Normani's party as well." Zayn explained, leaning back in his chair.

Lauren's entire demeanor changed at the mention of that party. She looked at me weirdly, and from there, I knew, she knew.

"Well, if we're talking about Normani's party, I think Camila and Ariana—"

"-Lauren, just stop." Zayn sighed. "You think Camila's dangerous? We believe you, but if you're sending us off, we'll—"

"-Kai will never look your way again... now what do you need us to do?" Shawn interrupted, with everyone turning to him.