Chapter 61

Kai's Pov

Last night, almost everything was a blur, I didn't even remember how I made it home and on my couch, still in yesterday's clothes. As soon as I woke up, it was inching closer to noon. I was in a fit of sweat, drawing almost all of my friends' attention.

"Victoria, she's up," Zayn yelled, meaning my sister was most likely in her room somewhere and not in the living room like most of us were. "You were out for a while, how do you feel?"

I know I spent most of the night with Niall because I remembered getting a bruise on the side of my head from one of the guards. From the moment we walked inside Lucy's office, I couldn't remember much, especially what we had talked about verbatim. Sticking out of the side of my jacket were pictures and sticky notes I assumed were from last night—wait, they were glued to a wall. But the way they were shoved inside of my pockets, I couldn't remember how Lucy connected them. As soon as I saw Ariana though, things made a bit more sense, Niall and I were searching for answers, answers that she wanted. And last night, Lucy gave me all of them, I just couldn't fucking remember what they were.

I didn't realize that I had spaced out until Lauren started to step closer, snapping me from my thoughts. Without thinking, I stepped further away from her, pulling the gun out from the side of my pants leg, to which she threw her hands up in defense while everyone else remained confused.

"Kai, what are you doing?" Lauren questioned, my eyes falling on her.

"I don't trust any of you." I clamored, everyone looking at me like I was crazy.

"Hey," Victoria let out softly, in an attempt to get closer. "You were drugged last night, you're probably just coming down, okay? But none of us has done anything, most of us went to the party with you and everyone else was together."

"Baby, put the gun down, you're gonna hurt someone," Ariana spoke up, unsure of what to do.

"This is ridiculous." Camila sighed, holding her hands up as well.

Shawn only shrugged, unbothered. "Maybe she's still coming down like Victoria said."

I laughed sarcastically, putting my gun on the table as I took out the contents inside of my pocket, mostly containing everything I grabbed from last night. "I know everything."

"Kai, come on, this is ridiculous," Lauren began, looking down at the table.

"No, I think she's onto something," Zayn said, stepping closer to the table as he picked up one of the pictures, turning to Ariana and Lauren. "What the fuck is this?"

"I—what?" was all Ariana managed to get out as Lauren stood there frozen.

"So you've been lying to us," Victoria confronted, turning to Lauren and Ari like everyone else did. "Both of you two always made it seem like you hated each other, but if my eyes aren't deceiving me, it looks like you're fucking kissing."

"Damn Lauren, you're almost as bad as Camila and Shawn." Courtney brought up, earning a few laughs from Tommy and Cole.

"No that's not what it looks—we did kiss, but it was a long time ago. It was in the heat of the moment, I don't know why it happened, okay?" Lauren elucidated, only growing defensive as Ariana made an effort to step closer to me.

"I swear I'm not doing anything behind your back with Lauren, I didn't know anyone knew about it. One day she just kissed me while we were arguing, a—about you actually and so we agreed not to talk about it since!" She clarified, trying to explain as best as she could while still full of emotions.