Chapter 34

Ariana's Pov

5 Years Later

"Do you think she wants to see me?" I implored, sitting beside Frankie and Ryder. This was the first time I'd been back home since high school.

Despite things changing more than I could keep up with, some things remained the same. Mom's house, my family, and a few of my friends. Scott, Brian, Courtney, Doug, Alexa and I, still talked almost every day. But Victoria and Tommy spent their time with, well... her.

I'm sure everyone knew what I did, and how fucked up it was, but my parents figured it was for the best.

I tried to reach out to Kai for years and got nothing back, so I eventually gave up. That was also the same year her family dropped all business ties with us. Once everyone found out I was gonna be marrying Otto, they dropped ties with us entirely, especially Victoria and Kai.

Otto just kind of happened...

"Honestly Ari, no." Ryder took a sip of his coffee, receiving a look from Frankie. "Things ended badly between you both, and I don't think it would be a smart move for you to see her and you're about to marry Otto,"

Frankie shrugged, "I think you should. I will always love Kai and I know you guys are endgame,"

"Babe, this isn't about their relationship. Shouldn't we be in favor of her fiancé? Otto's nice,"

"Yes but he's so boring, everything with him always has to be perfect and planned. He's definitely not Ari's type," Frankie said.

"Frankie, stop. I love him," I sighed, realizing that Ryder was probably right. If things happened this way, then it was probably meant to be.

"She's so hot now, I wonder if she's married or something,"

"Frankie, this isn't the time!" Ryder uttered into his ear.

"Wait, what? Married? To who?"

"Maybe you should go see who," Frankie replied, leaving the table.

As Ryder attempted to get me to stay, I found my keys anyways and decided to drive to her house. Fuck everything meaning to be this way! She couldn't be getting married...

It was weird seeing how she completely cleared out her room in our house, and Mom explained that she did this as soon as I left.

I knew she regretted going to Normani's party that night because I did.

Well, more so, everyone.

That night changed everything.

It only took me 20 minutes, and a pep talk from Courtney, for me to arrived at her house. Things from the outside still looked the same, except I seen someone standing by the door, probably leaving or something.

I fixed my blouse, slid on my heels, and reapplied lipstick, before exiting my car and grabbing my purse.

How hot exactly were we talking?

The guy saw me approaching the gate and walked over. "Who are you?"

"Tommy?" I blurted, catching him off guard.

"Ariana? What are you doing here?" He asked, removing his glasses. He was dressed nicely, in a button up and jeans.

"Is Kai here? I want to see her,"

He sighed, "Nah, I think you should leave,"

"Tommy—"