Chapter 25

Kai's Pov

"What if we left the city, or better yet the state? And went to Mexico or something?" Dalton said, interrupting the conversations that were previously happening.

It was late at night with everyone hanging at the docks. Half of us dipped our feet in the lake, while some of the others went swimming a bit away from the dock. It was pretty cold out, so Ariana was currently snuggled up in my jacket while we talked to her friends. Mine were currently either swimming or talking with everyone else. Pretty much everyone was drunk though.

"You definitely had enough to drink," Victoria laughed, not taking him seriously at all. Dalton waved his beer, dismissing her as everyone else laughed. He decided to join Harry and Louis, who was currently going head to head at ping pong.

"I don't blame him, I'm tired of camping too." I shrugged, getting a few new laughs.

Tommy raised his brow, "Come to think of it, that coffee tasted weird,"

"Uhh, the coffee that was on the table, like by the bookshelves?" Scott asked, with his eyes wide.

"Yeah, why?"

"Those were cockroaches..." He let out slowly, "Mr. Villa says that they grind cockroaches to keep other animals away since they hate the smell,"

"Oh my fucking God," Ari gagged while the rest of us laughed at Tommy's emotionless state.

"Dude, you're fucking lying, there's no way." He said. "Cock...cockroaches? I gotta go cut carbs to get them out of my system."

"Thomas! Cutting your sandwiches in half isn't cutting carbs!" Brian sighed, as Tommy ran to the cabin, "I...I better go follow him,"

"You guys are so fucking weird," Courtney chuckled.

Victoria rolled her eyes, "Aren't you the one who likes pineapple on pizza?"

"It's actually not that bad," Ari shrugged.

"I don't know if I can be with you anymore after that," I said playfully, causing her to elbow me in my stomach.

"You and Vic are the only ones with taste," Scott smiled, high-fiving us.

"I won't stand for pineapple pizza slander," Courtney
announced.

"Lexie, Doug, pineapple pizza or nah?" Scott inquired.

"It's pretty good," They both agreed.

"I'm getting a drink." I sighed playfully at their answer. I walked over to the guy's cooler, grabbing one of the last cold beers.

Ariana walked over as well, taking a sip of my beer after I opened it. "Babe, you don't even like beer,"

"You don't either," She smiled.

"Touché. So, are you ready to head back?" I asked, noticing she was still shivering a bit, and the tip of her nose red.

"No, the stars are out. But if you're cold, then we should,"

"Nope, you just looked cold."

"Well, your hoodie and your arms around me would be the best right now," She blushed.

"Are you sure? I have another hoodie in my bags, I could go—"

She shook her head, and grab my hand, "C'mere baby,"

In a matter of minutes, everyone was crowded around the tables, presumably arguing. Not that it was aggressive or anything, it was actually funny.