Chapter 45

Kai's Pov

Flashback

Most of our group of friends were supposed to be in class, while the other half remained on lunch, but we skipped anyway. It was a usual thing for us. Mac says he's bored, Zayn goes to find everyone, and by the start of the period, we're in Shawn's car. Lapping up was never a problem.

Today, we went to one of our main spots, the beach. We all loved it there, pretty much all of us were suckers for good views, and today was nice out, so why not.

Zayn and Mac had already stripped down to their shorts, as well as Camila, Lauren, Kehlani, Victoria, and Ariana, stripping down to their bikinis, that they'd all packed in their bookbags.

Shawn and I were the only ones who hadn't changed yet, and that was because I was helping Lani with her sunscreen, and he lost his trunks in someone's bag.

I knew my parents would be upset about me ditching again, with everyone, but they'd have to go through years of my bullshit, which is why they probably only opted for one kid.

"If you could be any animal in the world, what would you guys be?" Zayn asked our group randomly, as he laid back on the sand.

"Koala," Ariana smiled almost immediately. "They're adorable."

"Well, you'd be slow as hell." Shawn chuckled.

"I think you're talking about a sloth."

"Whatever, but I'd be a Panda."

"Panda's are cool, but dogs are better. That's what I would be." Mac said. "They get along with everyone, and they just go with the flow of things, you know?"

"Yeah, definitely." Kehlani nodded, laying in my arms. "I think snakes are fire though, and they're so underrated. That's probably what I'd be."

"True, except for the whole poisonous venom thing. But I would love to be a... Jaguar, I think they're so interesting and unpredictable." Victoria said next.

"I think I'd wanna be a chameleon or something. They just blend in with anything," Zayn added, going onto explain that he'd love to blend into a jungle or a pizzeria.

Lauren shrugged, moving her blunt and handing it to Zayn. "I gotta agree with Victoria, definitely a Jaguar."

"I've honestly never thought about what I wanted to be,"

"A lion seems like your thing," Mac said to me, I rolled my eyes with a smile, remembering our inside joke as everyone laughed. "Ari and I are gonna grab food, anyone want anything?" He asked as the laughter died down.

"A hotdog sounds amazing, just ketchup."

"I want one with everything."

"Water."

"Water."

"Lemonade, but if they ran out then water."

"I think the rest of us are good."

"Cool," Ariana said, grabbing Mac's hand as they got up.