Ch. 9.5: Muddy Paws p.2

1st Person, Star's POV:

     As we stepped onto the village path, a rush of worry welled up inside of me. It never occurred to me, that in this moment, I'm different. I'm a creeper, a mob, strolling into a village where mobs are unwanted. They run from zombies for crying out loud! And the sun is going to set as we speak! I knew I should've stayed over the mountain. My Baby might be by my side, how is she going to convince the villagers that I'm not hostile? Then she noticed the look on my face, I mean, I probably made a look.

"Hey, what's up?"

I answered honestly. "I don't... I-I don't think I belong here.."

     A slight frown appeared on her face. I think she too realized how this wouldn't work out.. She brushed some hair out of her face, "Hey, as long as you're with me, they should know you're safe"

"I mean.. I guess.."

     I wasn't comfortable at all with these circumstances. Sure I'd be with her, but what if they still didn't trust me? And if she wanted to tell them verbally that I wasn't a bad person, how do we know if they even speak English? My anxiety only worsened as we continued walking. Some villagers were just staring at me in shock, some let out a sort of scream, and some ran into their homes. I kept my head down, because I could feel tears welling up in my eyes.

     I-It seemed like everyone was running around i-in a panic, causing a commotion, and I was frozen. Baby noticed this and immediately put her arm around me, I guess to calm m-me down? I wasn't calm at all, I felt safe yet I wasn't calm.  Then I could hear the heavy footsteps of an Iron Golem approaching. If this was the case, I knew I was gonna die in one swoop, and Baby w-won't be able to protect me..! And I no longer felt safe, calm, or anything anymore. I felt nothing.

     "What is all this ruckus about?", I heard in front of me. I then heard a gasp so I looked up. A Golem was quickly stomping up to me, but a woman with long dark red hair ran from beside it and put a hand only to its stomach, due to its height. "Calm down big guy, let me handle this", she spoke in a sweet tone. (Y/N) and I watched as the giant nodded and went another way, looking for any wandering zombies.

     The woman turned around and tucked her arms into her robe sleeves, similar to how villagers look. " You'll have to excuse my villagers, they are still not as use to neutral mobs as I am", she said with a smile on her face. I knew she was talking about me and I shyly looked away.

"And who are you?", Baby asked.

     "I am Leader Beatrice of the Farmivilla Village, you may call me Bea however"

     "Ohh, the leader, cool!" the cutie piped up. I just nodded, wondering how long we were gonna stand here chatting with the leader. It was gonna be night soon and I just felt like crying in my pillow, and I wasn't even sad anymore. Not to sound whiny but I'd like to go home..