Ch. 7: Fishy Situation

3rd Person:

    Woo, narrator-chan is back! Let's see what happened last chap- oh. Okay then I can work with is. Ahem..

    (Y/N) stared at the green creature for a while before pulling out her sword. It was weird that a creeper would spawn randomly by her house, especially since it was day. And it had bandages wrapped around its waist as if its been in a fight. But if it was in a fight, wouldn't it have exploded and disappeared? They stared at each other for a moment, and she was more confused on why it hadn't approached her yet. Or maybe it was just waiting for the right cue to blow up her home. She gripped tighter on the hilt of her sword and took a step back. The creeper blinked and its fur(?) seemed to relax a bit. "Please don't blow up my base..." , the girl spoke, even if the explosive mob didn't understand her.

   "What would I b-blow up your base for?"

    She lowered her iron sword. The creeper had spoke real English to her, and he sounded very timid. Seems like Skeet wasn't the only rule breaker, if no talking was a rule anyway. "You can talk?"

   " Yeah... for the most part", he replied. Star felt very small under the human's gaze. She was much more intimidating in person, especially with the sword in her hand.

   "Are you gonna.. h-hurt me?"

    The traveler quickly hid her sword away, putting her hands behind her back. "Me? Nooo, why would I hurt you? I wouldn't hurt anybody, uh, any creature."

   "But you hurt those innocent chickens last time y-you were mad."

   "What chickens? ", she thought for a moment. "Hey, how would you even know about that?"

   " Oh! I'm Star ", he smiled. Things were silent yet again. (Y/N) didn't want to believe it, a creeper? Stealing her stuff and unleashing squids. Sure enough though, the mob turned around and pulled a sign out of the ground with his mouth. He even stepped a little closer so she could read it better. "Here's a piggy for your troubles⭐" , in the same bad hand-writing. Behind him was a stream of water surrounding her house, and floating around it was a pig in a boat. He then spit the sign onto the ground.

   "I was setting this little thing up to say sorry, for all the holes & fire. Your new pigs got caught up in the mess and I wanted to apologize.."

    Wow. Lots of things were being revealed very fast. This creeper, this creeper right here, was the one who'd blown up everything in the area but her house. The one who'd been doing pranks, leaving gifts, all by himself? And he expected her to believe him? Well she did. At least it explained the 'hand-writing'. (Y/N) stomped up to the creeper, not noticing his fur flaring up as she pushed him on his side. "That's for the annoying stuff you pulled ever since I got here", she huffed, then walked into her house. Star squirmed around, trying to get up on his own. "Hey waaaiit!". The adventurer made a new fishing rod and put away some of the extra stuff she caught, like water bottles and pufferfish. She went back outside and glanced at the talking creeper. If she could push all creepers like that, she would be unstoppable. He stopped moving when he noticed her staring for a while.

   "Could you please help me up??"

   " Mmm, lemme think about it.... nah", and she walked off, still having a small limp. Star sighed, trying to push himself up with his head. It took a bit, but he managed to get back on his feet. He picked up his bag and threw it up into the air. Surprisingly, it fell over his head just like he wanted. He adjusted it as much as he could and started going in the same direction (Y/N) went.  The (H/C) girl was at the desert, sitting in the sand with her fishing rod, and next to her was a water bucket. He slowly walked up behind her, looking into the bucket and seeing a variety of tropical fish stored in it.

   "What do you want?", she said still with her back turned, focusing on the waves.

   "Um... d-do you accept my apology?"

   Her fishing rod got caught on something and she yanked it back, only to pull out a stick. She huffed and threw it back into the sea. " And if you don't m-mind me asking.. why are you fishing?"

   "Well before my pond was blown up, I wanted to fill it up with some fish to make it more lively". Star looked away at the mention of her pond.

   "And no, I don't accept your apology"

   "W-what!? Why?"

   (Y/N) slowly stood up to avoid hurting her leg and she grabbed the bucket o' fish. " Because I like holding grudges", she looked at him. The creeper frowned, and not like how a regular creeper would, his was more sad and it made her feel a bit guilty. Though, the young traveler wasn't just gonna stick around and feel bad for him, so she brushed past him without looking back. It would be night soon, and she had learned her lesson many times.

   " ....what can I do to make it up to you..?", the creeper faintly spoke with his head down. The girl turned around and looked at him. He glanced at her, waiting for a response.

   " Hm.. if you can patch up the holes outside, I might forgive you"

    Star just stared at the girl. How did she expect him to fill up every hole?

    "You better get to it", was all she said before continuing on back to her house. He reluctantly followed behind her, thinking of a way to get those pits filled by morning. Maybe he could get Skeet to help him. Soon, the two made it back to the forest, and Star got right to work. Just like he did with the moat, he used his head to pile up some dirt and then he flung it into the holes. He wouldn't do that for the whole night obviously, but just until (Y/N) fell asleep, he would call Skeet to come and help him.

    Speaking of (Y/N), she noticed that her pond had been fixed and that she could dump her new fish friends into it. She looked at Star as he worked pretty quickly on patching up the holes around her house. She just could stay mad at the guy, or mob, whatever. Even if he didnt fix the holes by morning, she would still forgive him. So the human poured the bucket of fish into the water and watched as they swam around in their new sandy home. She named each one before going inside her home just before the moon came up.

    She assumed that Star would be fine out there since he was a mob anyway, so on that note, she slipped into bed and went to sleep.

    Meanwhile, the creeper outside was calling reinforcements..

💙~Image by AndyAura on DeviantArt~💙