Ch. 8: We're Friends Now

1st Person:

    Today, I woke up with no energy, which is pretty surprising coming from me. I'm usually quite the morning person, but today I felt laggy. My leg was sore and I just wanted to stay in bed. What else was I suppose to do? I can't go out without night creeping up on me, I can't mine, and again, there's NO ONE to talk to around here. I groaned as I turned over, facing the wall. Maybe I can just stay in bed all day... just for today...

    Knock......knock

    Plans foiled again. It was probably mid-day right now, who in the world would be here to bug me at this hour? " (Y/N)... are you awake...?" , I heard faintly outside. Who's voice was that again? Oh right, the creeper. I can't believe he actually stuck around. I know if I was in his place, I would escape as soon as I fell asleep so I wouldn't have to do any work. Especially if I had no arms to work with. " (Y/N)..?"

   " Yea I'm awake"

   " Oh.. oh okay good, cool.. um. Can I c-come in?"

   " Yeah sure, I'm coming", I replied. Truthfully, no, I wasn't coming. I'd feel bad for lying if I wasn't in such a crappy mood this morning. After a few minutes, I thought that he gave up and left.  That was.. until I heard some kind of scratching noise. " Did you f-fall back asleep?" , he asked me. " Hey, quit with that sound, I have a headache."

   " Plus, you're gonna get marks on my door"

   " S-sorry.. I didn't want to knock again.. my head hurts too.."

    .... Had he been knocking with his head? It never even crossed my mind that he was knocking, like knocking with what?? I feel bad now. "Just open the door, I can't get up". I don't know where I was going with that sentence, knowing damn well he can't open the door.

   " Is your leg hurting again?"

   " Again..? Well yes.. It's kinda sore. If I had some ice I could numb it, but until then I'm staying here"

    After that, things were quiet again. I wonder why he stopped talking. Maybe he finally decided to leave me alone. Just then, I heard the sound of the front door being opened. I turned my head around and watched the monster walk in.

" How did you-"

" I'd rather n-not say.."

     Okayyy? I turned around and laid on my side , waiting for him to make another move. He walked up to my bed and I scooted back. Was he gonna sit? How do.. how do creepers sit? He did this little hop thing and made his way onto the soft mattress. I had to hold in my laughter. The creeper got more comfortable and spoke, " So.. I finished filling up the holes outside".

   " Really? All by yourself?"

    He frantically nodded. " Thanks then.. must've been tough on you", I said. It was kinda hard to believe that he fixed up all the holes before sunrise. He didn't reply though, he just looked at the floor. " Hey, what's wrong?"

   " Do you... d-do.. Do you forgive me n-now? I really never meant to upset you these p-past weeks, e-everything I did was for l-laughs o-okay..? So do you accept m-my apology?"

    Nononoonononononono he was doing that thing again. He had slowly lifted his head up as he timidly spoke and looked at me, straight eye contact bro, that guilty uncomfortable eye contact. Like he was giving me puppy-dog eyes and I finally had to ask myself. How and why is this creeper so cute? And you know what, it had to be said at some point. Don't get the wrong idea though, just because I said he's cute doesn't mean I have feelings for him, be realistic. I'm just accepting the fact that he's cute, t-that's all. We were having this staring contest until I seriously had to look away. In the corner of my eye I saw him look down and his fur poof up. Since when did creepers even have fur by the way? " I accept your apology, don't worry. I would've accepted it even if you didn't finish working ", I said looking everywhere but at him. I could feel a slight tingly feeling in my cheeks and mentally cursed at them to stop immediately. He perked up a bit and his fur relaxed, he smiled at me too.

   "Okay yes! Thank you (Y/N).."

   " Yeah yeah, don't get emotional on me", I told him as I laid down on my back. I guess me accepting his apology meant a lot to him. I was expecting him to leave by now, but he was still sitting on my bed. I was gonna ask if he needed something when he spoke up. "Oh, right, about your leg. I have a regeneration potion in my bag, it c-could help". Oh cool. Am I just suppose to.. grab it? "Really? Thanks", I said before reaching my hand into the bag. It ended up sliding down his 'shoulder', and I don't know about him, but for me it was hella embarrassing so I just took the entire bag off of him.  I sat it in my lap and took out the potion. It was a pretty purple that sparkled in the light that shone through the windows. I popped the cork and took a sip of the magical liquid. The effects seemed to immediately kick in, as I felt the major energy boost throughout my body. Adding on to that, my leg was starting to feel better too. As in I couldn't feel it at all. So that's gotta be a good sign.

    The mob next to me hopped off the bed. "Feelin' any better?". I nodded in response and got up too. Pretty sure my entire leg was asleep, so might as well walk around to wake it up. That's when an idea came to mind, one that has almost nothing to do with the current situation. I shoved the potion back into the bag and went over to my chest and pulled out some raw fish. I'd also have to make a trip to my farm real quick. As I left my house, the creeper quickly picked his bag up in his mouth and followed behind. Did he seriously have nothing better to do?

   "Hey what's your name again?", I asked, turning my head to him as I walked.

   "Star", he muffled out.

   "Not the sign nickname, you know, your real name"

   "I don't have one-", he said before dropping the bag by accident. "I take whatever nicknames I can get."

    I picked the bag up and put it over his head, resting it the best way I could around his.. neck.. body.. thing. "Okay but like.. Star's kinda gay"

   "What does gay mean?"

    Goddamnit..

________________________

 (Hey again, Author~Chan here. Sorry for taking so long writing this part. I've been having pretty bad writer's block lately. Not sure if you can tell, but I kinda rushed near the end, trying to complete this chapter. Personally this is probably the worst chapter so far but I hope its at least still readable. Maybe now that this one is done, I can focus better on the rest of the story ^^. Okay have a good day now-)

💙~Image by Coffgirl on DeviantArt~💙