Chapter Fourteen: This May Be a Bad Idea

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Don't worry, she's staying at a hotel right outside of town." Louis spoke up, his voice still grim.

"Oh... okay." I said, my gaze dropping back down to the floor.

"Alex... if you're uncomfortable with this we could call her and tell her things aren't going to work out... this stay is our time with you. That means you have to be happy." Harry stood up and came over to stand in front of me. I refused to meet his green gaze however, knowing that I was already kind of crying.

I took a deep breath. "N-No... It's already a bit late for that... It'll be fine. Hopefully it'll make..." I paused and looked up, my eyes scanning around the room at all of the faces intent on me. "...the old Liam come back." I said with a sigh. Jules bit her lip shaking her head slightly as her eyes fell back to the ground.

"We can only hope... otherwise, this may have been our worst plan ever..." Louis said looking up at all of us. "And that's saying something."

I wanted to laugh at that, but the best I could do was muster up a small smile. I had to get out of here. "You know, I have school tomorrow, it's already getting kind of late and I still have some homework to do. I'm just going to call it a night. It was a... long day." I told them all.

"Are you sure?" Niall asked, looking slightly upset. I gave a slight smile and nodded.

"I had fun today Zayn. Thank you for everything." I said and hugged him tight. He hugged me back, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Don't thank me. I had a great time." he mumbled. "Come on, I'll help you out with some of that homework of yours." he said and grabbed my hand.

"You don't have to." I said biting my lip. I just wanted to be alone.

"No, I want to." he said. I nodded slowly and let out a breath.

"Uhh..." I heard Jules from the couch. I looked over and saw her give a bit of a longing look in Niall's direction. Again, if I didn't feel so... hollow, I would have went on a complete rant about her love for that man. "Yeah, I'll come too." she said and stood up. I saw Niall give a sad look at her. Oh my God just get married!

"I would say I'm coming, but I can see this is best friends time and I clearly don't qualify so..." Louis said, leaning back on the couch. I frowned slightly and walked over to him. I kissed his cheek and wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

"You do qualify Lou. I love all of you. I just need to concentrate on work right now and I know that isn't your cup of tea." I said with a small smirk. He returned it.

"Yeah you're kind of right there." he chuckled. I hugged him once more.

"I will spend a day with each and every one of you three before you leave, okay? Tomorrow after school for us Tommo?" I asked him. He smiled widely and nodded.

"It's a date." he winked.

"Ooh, don't tell Eleanor." I said playfully.

"It'll be our little secret." he returned.

"Haz, we'll make some time for us over the weekend?" I offered. He smiled and nodded.

"Nialler?" I turned to the blonde.

"You get me food, I don't care when or where." he laughed. I felt a real smile spread on my face, despite the feeling still eating away at me on the inside.

"Great. Alright, I'm heading up." I said and turned around. Zayn and Jules were quickly on my heels. I walked into my room and threw my book bag onto my bed and shut the door. My parents were at my aunt's house for dinner tonight so I didn't have to worry about being quiet or them getting upset about one of the guys being in my room this late. I swear, they were doing everything they could to avoid us.