Katy

I expected a lot of things walking into that room. Anything really but never once did the notion that Calum Hood would be staring up at me from the floor cross my mind.

“Calum?” I blurted out.

“You know Calum?” Toby questioned, clanging between Calum and I.

“No.” I said quickly, “No I don’t.”

Frowning she nodded slowly and gestured to the only open space on the floor in between two skeletally thin girls.

“I’m glad that we’re all here.” Toby said pleasantly clasping her hands in her lap, “What do you say we get started.

Chewing my lower lip I glanced across the circle at Calum who was watching me intently, his eyes narrowed. I was so preoccupied with watching the annoyed and terrified looking boy across from me, that it took one of the girls next to me, elbowing me in the side for me to realize I was being spoken to.

“What?” I questioned.

“Katy pay attention please.” Toby sighed, “We’re breaking up into groups of two, you’re with Calum.”

Shooting her a look that could kill my heart sank as a smirk tugged at the corner of her lips.

“There’s an empty room across the hall.” She continued, “You two can going there, I’ll check on you in a moment, Jennifer and Lacy you can go to the room next door, Maggie and Jane you can go to the room next to that.”

My palms sweating I rose to my feet and watching out of the corner of my eye as Calum did the same, walked out of the room, across the hall to the empty room where she had banished us. Entering after me, Calum closed the door behind him before shuffling over to one of two chairs facing each other and sitting down.

Feeling my heartbeat pounding in my temples I sat down across from him.

“So.” He chuckled awkwardly, “Um, how are you?”

“Fine.” I mumbled stiffly, “And um… and you?”

“Fine, fine.”

Nodding slowly I glanced around the room at the plain blue walls.

“I like your shirt.” Calum sais casually, gesturing to my Ninja Turtles t-shirt.

“Thanks.” I muttered.

“Do you actually like the Ninja Turtles or was it the first graphic tee you spotted?”

“I’ll have you know that I was a hard core Donatello girl.”

“Nice, nice. Good taste.”

Smiling slightly I nodded.

“So this is fun.” Calum noted.

I shrugged.

“What do they have you in for?” he questioned.

“Binge eating.” I replied quietly.

“Oh, well, I’m in for the opposite.”

“Not eating?”

Chewing his lower lip Calum nodded.

“Everyone’s talking about it at school.” I blurted out.

“I figured.” He sighed.

“Sorry.” I mumbled.

He shrugged.

"Your friends are nice." I blurted once again, "I sat with them."

"They're good guys." he replied.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"Can I ask you a question?" he asked, leaning forward.

"Sure." I replied.

"I don't mean to sound rude," he sighed, "But why don't you just, I don't know stop eating. Why do that to yourself?"

"I don't know Calum." I snapped, "Why don't you start eating."

"I can't."

"That's bullshit."

"No it's not! I physically cannot eat I feel guilty and disgusting! I want to hurt myself or kill myself I...I can't! I can't eat!"

"I know." I whispered, "I can't stop."

I'm sorry this was short I just really wanted to update for you guys and I've been kind of busy. THank you so much for reading it though. <3