Katy

My stomach lurching from Michael’s God awful, jerky stop and go driving, I looked up at the massive brick house infront of me.

Music could be heard from inside, the bass pulsating loudly, rumbling in my stomach, along with the roar like growling of chatter, washing over the otherwise silent neighborhood.

“Welcome.” Luke said holding his arms out wide as we started up the driveway, “To your first party.”

“My first party.” I mumbled under my breath.

“Okay.” Michael said slinging an arm around me, causing my entire body to erupt into flames of horror, disbelief and embarrassment, “So rules.”

“Rules?” I asked, hoping my cheeks weren’t as red as they were hot giving away how uncomfortable I was with our close proximity.

“Yes.” Michael said, “No getting smashed, buzzed is okay, so is tipsy but I’m not holding back your guys hair while you cry about exes.”

Smirking, Luke shoved his hands into his pockets.

“We’re coming as a group so we’re leaving as a group.” Michael continued, “Meaning if you want to get with anyone you better find a spare bedroom because we’re not taking them home with us.”

Swallowing nervously I tried to slow my racing heart as we drew closer and closer to the front steps.

“No drugs.” Michael rattled off.

“Drugs?” I cried.

“Yeah.” Michael replied, “If someone gives you a random drink, asks you if you want to do a line, hang out with Mary J or offers tries to give you anything that looks like a breath strip say no.”

“I don’t know what any of that even means!” I answered, panicking.

“Just, say no. To everything.” Calum offered as we ascended the front steps.

“You guys, wait I- I don’t know about this.” I admitted as the front door drew closer, “Maybe I should just go home.”

“Oh come on Pratt, live a little.” Luke laughed, nudging my side, his slender elbow disappearing in the rolls on my side.

“Am I underdressed?” I asked, “I feel underdressed, was I supposed to bring a present? What if the cops come?”

“The cops aren’t going to come.” Michael chuckled, “That only happens in movies or if your neighbors have it out for you, but Justin has parties all the time, so it’s cool.”

“And no.” Luke laughed, “After tenth birthdays you stop bringing presents.”

“Oh.” I mumbled, looking down at my shoes remembering my tenth birthday party.

I’d invited the entire class however no one had come, not one single person.

Suddenly the door swung open infront of us revealing a tall, muscular boy who looked like he belonged on some sort of Abercrombie add. Wearing the signature jock uniform of jeans and a varsity jacket he flashed a smile which would make most dentists get down on one knee in respect and adoration.

“Luke! Michael, Calum! And….random chick I don’t know.” He greeted, giving each of the three boys one of those handshake hug things before standing back and looking me up and down with blatant repulsion.

Swallowing nervously I pulled my sweatshirt from the folds of my fat.

“Justin this is Katy. Katy, Justin.” Michael said in way of introduction.

“Is she…one of your…. Girlfriends?” Justin asked slowly.

“No!” Luke laughed, seeming to find the very idea of being tied to me in any type of romantic way, the epitome of humiliating.