Katy

The food Sierra's Bubbie made was good, some kind of vegetable wrap thing, but I didn't really eat it.

After taking a bite, moving the chewed up delicacy around in my mouth for a while, I ripped it into hugs and fed it to multiple dogs who were sat under the table.

I hadn't eaten in four days and I had no intention of breaking my streak.

My stomach felt empty at first however after a while a full bloated feeling took over. My vision swam would I stood up abruptly, my chest hurt if I did anything strenuous for too long, and my head felt as if a small man with a jackhammer was trying to escape. Signs I took to mean that my diet was working.

I couldn't see any difference in myself, I didn't feel any smaller, or less disgusting, but if Calum could do it so could I.

Taking a long sip of water I glanced over at Calum, who was taking ant like bites of a carrot. It was inspiring the way he ate, nibbling at things then leaving them on his plate untouched.

I hadn't understood why he did it at first, but after trying it myself I realized that every time I plate was put in front of me and I forced myself to leave the food piled there untouched, I won.

"Katy?" Bubbie's voice questioned pulling my from my thoughts, "Would you like another wrap?"

I wanted to say yes, I was starving, however forcing a smile, I shook my head.

"Do you want Dessert?" Sierra offered, "We just picked Strawberries the other day and we got some Fresh raspberries from the farmer's market."

"I'm full." I lied, "Thank you."

Glancing over at my plate and finding it empty Calum frowned, then hesitating took a large bite of his wrap. Looking like he was about to be sick he hastily chewed and swallowed before putting the unfinished half back on his plate.

It made me proud to know he was trying, we both were, and we could and would get better together.

After cleaning our dishes and refusing Bubbie's fruit salad not once, not twice but six more times we left the small house, promising to return.

My house was closest, only a mile and a half away so it was unanimously decided that I would be dropped off first.

The ride there was more or less quiet, the three of us thinking of whatever independent and unique thoughts filled our heads, until there was a collective gasp from the front seat.

Startled, I looked between the two seats through the front windshield and my heart plummeted at the sight of two police cars parked in the driveway of my house.

"What's going on?" Serirra questioned as if I knew, while Calum pulled in behind them.

"I don't know." I whispered, my voice catching in my throat as I scrambled to get out of the car.

"Katy, do you want us to come with you?" Calum questioned.

"No." I said firmly, almost rudely, causing Calum to shrink back slightly, "No, no it's okay. I'm sure it's.. I'm sure it's nothing."

"Do you want us to wait here?" Sierra offered, "IF it's something bad you can always spend the night at my house."

"I'm sure it's nothing." I assured them, my mind swimming with horrific images all involving my Mom finally snapping and using the gun Dad had kept in the basement to paint the walls red.

"It'll be okay." Calum assured me, reaching the look of worry on my face.

"Yeah." Sierra agreed, "But if you need anything call us."