Calum

“Where the hell are you?”

Wincing at the volume of the shout, I held the phone away from my ear before answering.

“I’m on my way home.”

“You were supposed to be here two hours ago.”

“I stayed after practice and ran the track.

“Oh….. well. Good.”

Shaking my head in disgust, I pulled my car keys out of the front pocket of my backpack and unlocked my Jeep, tossing my crap inside before climbing in myself.

“I’ll see you in a bit.” I grumbled, before hanging up before my Dad could say anything else.

Sticking my key in the ignition, I turned up the Blink 182 song on the radio before pulling out of the empty parking lot and starting home.

As I passed Katy struggling up the bleachers, her face red and her pudgy hands clinging tightly to the rail a feeling of guilt washed over me.

I probably should have been a little more appreciative for how she helped me out but I couldn’t help but think about how if I were caught within five hundred feet of her I’d be the laughing stock of the school. It wasn’t that she was bullied, I stuck up for people who were bullied for legitimate reasons all the time, but she practically begged for it.

She choose to be fat. If she wanted to scarf down calorie packed junk and sit there like a lump, that was her own fault. I had no tolerance for fat people, which I guess came from my Dad who detested anyone who showed even the slightest ounces of extra weight.

I knew deep down it was wrong to dislike someone for something as trivial as the size of their pants, but then again, I wasn’t born thin, I had to work for it, so if I could, why couldn’t she?

Sighing, I pulled into the driveway of the entirely too large house my Dad, sister and I shared. Shutting my car off, I grabbed my backpacks by the straps and headed inside.

Immediately my nostrils were greeted by the mouth watering aroma of pasta cooking. My stomach growling, I kicked off my tenis shoes and made my way to the kitchen where my Dad and sister were sat eating.

"About time." Dad grumbled.

"Sorry." I muttered.

"There's a plate for you on the counter." my sister Anna sighed.

"I'm not hungry." I mumbled starting for the stairs.

"DIdn't you just work out?" Dad called after me.

"I had a big lunch." I shouted over my shoulder.

Taking the rest of the stairs two at a time I entered my room, closing the door behind me and flopping down on my unmade bed to sleep away the feeling of emptiness which devoured me.