Katy

"I think my parents might get a divorce."

Glancing back at Sierra who was lying across the backseat I watched as her chest rose and fell as a overly dramatic sigh left her lips.

"That's um....unfortunate." I offered, seeing as Calum didn't seem to have any intention of answering her and ignoring her seemed rude.

"Thy're both cheating on each other." she continued as if it was any of my business, "Mom and her Pilates instructor Enrique and Dad with his Secretary Leanne."

"I'm sorry?"

Nodding Sierra sat up and pulled her knees up to her chest, "Leanne is going to have a baby, isn't that gross?"

"How is that gross?" Calum sighed, "Messed up maybe but I like to reserve the term gross for instances, like now, when I can feel french fry grease eroding my insides."

"My dad is fifty-seven." Sierra elaborated.

"Ew." I mumbled.

Sierra nodded, "Leanne is twenty-eight."

"Okay that is gross." Calum muttered.

"I might move in with my sister in New York if they get a divorce." she said in way of reply, "She's dating a fashion designer. It's obvious that he's gay, he wears cuffed salmon colored pants. She's in denial." 

Unsure of what exactly I was supposed to say in reply I nodded slowly.

"Anyway." she sighed, leaning forward and propping her elbows up on the center console between Calum and I, "WHen do you think Gracie will be back?"

"I asked you to stop asking me that when you asked ten minutes ago." Calum grumbled, glowering out his window at the dark.

"RIght, sorry." Sierra replied, "Do you think the show has started?"

"Probably." he muttered.

"Can we go watch? My legs are falling asleep and my back is killing me." she whined. 

"You need a ticket to get into the tent." I informed her.

"So let's buy one?"

"You have to buy it ahead of time." Calum sighed.

"Then let's sneak in."

"Let's not and say we did."

Letting out a huff of annoyance, Sierra fidgeted around for a moment before speaking once again, "Can you turn on the radio or something?"

"I can't." I mumbled, "Gracie took the keys."

Emitting a loud, stereotypical teenage, scream of irritation, Sierra flopped back in her seat.

"Are you always this annoying?" Calum demanded.

"Only on Monday's."

Looking like he wanted to say something else Calum opened his mouth, then deciding against it promptly closed it and ran his fingertips through his hair. Watching him out of the corner of my eye I took in his grotesquely bony elbow and his ribs which showed prominently even through his shirt.

I remembered the end of eight grade, the last day I'd seen him he'd been rather round around the middle and on the first day of ninth grade, he'd returned nearly half the size he'd been he'd been slowly shrinking smaller and smaller ever since. 

So intrigued I was with Calum and his bones which stuck out awkwardly that I let out a small shriek of terror when I felt someone bang on my window.

Startled I whirled around expecting to see an ax wieilding clown however finding Gracie staring back at me, her cheeks ruddy and a wide smile stretching across her face.