Calum Continued

It deleted the rest of the last chapter.
F u wattpad and your glitches.

"I.. don't...God." I stammered lamely.

"Do something!" Anna cried.

"I... uh?"

Pushing past me, Anna removed a towel from the hook on the wall and tried to dab at the lake circling the island that was Bethany. It was hard to tell if she was creating the blood or if it was drowning her. I wanted to look away. I wanted to be anywhere else in the world, but I was stuck watching a horror movie I didn't want to see.

Letting out an agonized Moan, Bethany removed her hand from beneath herself and my stomach churned at the sight of the dark crimson, gelatinous sludge covering her palm, connecting her fingers and trickling down her wrists. Sobbing, she pressed her hands to her waist in pain and curled into a ball, her ponytail falling her shoulder and into the blood.

"Calum help me!" Anna snapped, not caring that the knees of her pajama pants were stained red as she knelt beside Bethany, rubbing her back soothingly.

Snapping out of the daze I was in I looked around for some magical fix to be lying on the counter, however finding none, I opened my mouth and shouted, "Dad!"

"No!" Bethany hissed, raising her hand, "Stop it!"

"Dad!" I screamed louder, ignoring her, "DAD!"

"What??" His frazzled voice shouted as his bedroom door flew open. Dressed in the pajama pants Mom had bought him for Christmas when Anna and I were still young enough to think matching our parents was cool, he stumbled down the hall towards me pulling a t-shirt over his head,"What's happening? What's wrong? Are you okay? What is it buddy?"

"I don't.. I didn't mean to." I stuttered, "I should have told you she's... Blood she's pregnant I didn't know what to do...."

Brushing past me he entered the bathroom, his shoulders tensing before he sprang into action. Removing a beach towel from the closet, he crossed over to Bethany and opening the towel scooped her small, trembling form up in it.

"Calum," he grunted straightening up, "Get my keys from the kitchen and go start the car, Anna, go grab the purple towels from the downstairs laundry room and pay them in the backseat."

Nodding, Anna slipped past me.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, "I should have..."

"The keys Calum." He repeated, adjusting Bethany in his arms, "She's okay."

Nodding I followed after Anna, taking the stairs two at a time. Reaching the kitchen I opened every drawer, my mind too frazzled to remember that the keys were kept in the second drawer on the right.

By the time I finally made it to the car, I was surprised to find my Dad already stood there, instructing Anna on how to drape the dark
towels over the pale leather seats.

Opening the driver side door I slipped the key into the ignition with shaking hands before climbing into the backseat and helping Anna adjust the edge of a towel she couldn't reach.

The next thing I knew Bethany was being slid into the car next to me, her shivering lying limply on the towel covered seat and her head in my lap.

My heart racing I reached down and brushed her sweaty hair behind her ear and off of her sweaty face with trembling fingertips.

"How is she?" Dad demanded, looking back at us in the rearview mirror as he pulled out of the driveway, out of the neighbors hood and onto the highway.

"I don't know." I admitted, my eyes glossing over with tests of panic.

Blinking rapidly I tried not to make eye contact who was turned around in her seat or with my Dad who's eyes never left the rearview mirror which was trained on me.

"We're almost there." He assured me.

Biting my lower lip in an effort not to break down completely I stared hard out the window at the passing night.

"Everything will be okay." He said gently.

"No it won't." I mumbled, "Nothing is okay. No one is ever okay! Just once! I wish that were true!"

"Calum." He replied, giving me a warning look, "She's okay."

Picking up on his hint, I ran my fingertips through Bethany's hair, "You're okay." I whispered, "Everything will be okay."