Calum

Giddy from our date the day before, I awoke early the next morning, with thoughts of our next date, one for which I would extend the invite, playing in m mind like a film.

Entering the kitchen, I found my Dad texting over a bowl of out meal.

"You want scrambled eggs?" He questioned.

"No thanks, I'm good."

He tore his eyes from his phone, "You need to eat breakfast."

Giving him a pointed look I removed a bowl and a box of cereal from the cupboard before sitting at the place beside him.

"Your girlfriend stopped by this morning." He informed me, turning his attention back to his phone.

"She did? What did she want?"

He gestured to a blue envelope.

Spooning cereal into my mouth with one hand, I tore the envelope open with the other, revealing a hand written note.

I adored her handwriting. The way she looped her Ys, Js and Gs was adorable.

Calum,

I'm really, really sorry.
I had a doctor's appointment the other day and I got some bad news. I have something called PCOS. I'm always going to be fat. I can't fix it.
I've been trying to hard to loose weight and I've gained 5 pounds. I'm always going to be big..
I'm always going to hate myself and I love you. I love you way too much to allow you to be with someone I hate.

You're getting better, you deserve someone beautiful. Not a blob. I'm going to end up just like my mother. I don't want to prolog the inevitable I don't deserve you Calum, I know it's cliche but when you love someone, you should let them go. And so, my Calum, I'm letting you go.

I love you, always and forever.

Please forget me,

Katy ❤️