SHE (Beyoncé and Normani) - 25

Beyoncé's POV

Normani's expression sorrowed. "No, of course." She pressed her hand into my arm, slowly pushing it.

"You seem disappointed," I said, breaking the stillness that took possession of the room.

Her face contorted as though she were offended. "Not at all." She stood from the bed, letting her hoody fall down her shoulders, revealing her smooth arms. "I'm gonna go clean up downstairs."

Since I knew what this was really about, I decided to let her be. She wanted space so I was going to give it to her.

I still think she's disappointed. I can't imagine why when I'm right. How would she feel if Kelly were interested in sleeping with me? She wouldn't go for that.

Or would she?

Maybe I didn't know my Mani as well as I thought.

I opened the door again, ready to pick the conversation back up with my girl. As I was headed my way, the bathroom door opened, a cloud of fog following. The aroma of one of Normani's favorite body washes permeated the air. I stood planted right where I was in the hall.

"Phew, I needed that," I heard Diamanté say.

There was something about the cadence and the statement itself that amused me. But I sobered up because this was the same girl who wanted to have sex with mine. My feet moved steadily with purpose, Diamanté now joining me in the hall.

Eyes and mouth widened, she gasped. A towel was positioned like a headwrap on her head while another was wrapped around her wet body. She removed her hand from her concealed chest and chuckled.

I smiled apologetically. "I didn't mean to scare you."

"I shouldn't be scared, though. You live here."

I flashed a tight-lipped, almost sarcastic smile. She hummed a soft little laugh and smiled shyly at me.

"Beyoncé, again, I apologize." She looked at me earnestly.

"For?"

"For stepping out of bounds, I promise you have nothing to worry about."

"I would hope not."

"Yeah, no. You don't," she insisted.

This time my smile was genuine. "Tell me something, D," I said, folding my arms, using Normani's nickname for her. My eyes cautiously dipped about before finding her eager ones again. Her nerves were fading. Well, that was about to change in 3...2...

I beckoned her.

She hesitated and meekly took a teeny-weeny step. I playfully gave her a look and came close enough to talk quietly. "You know if this happens, there'll be no more friendship." I pulled back just to stare into her eyes, assuring she got the message.

Her skin from brows to soles flushed.

"Right?" I said in my normal pitch.

"Yes, ma'am," she breathed out.

"Choose wisely, Diamanté."

Suddenly we heard footsteps. Diamanté gasped once again and power-walked down the rest of the hall until she was in the guest room, the door slamming shut behind her.

"What's so funny?" Normani asked, studying me.

I turned towards her, delightfully taking in her presence. "Hey you. I was just coming for you."

"Oh, you were?" She couldn't have sounded more disinterested. "Why'd Diamanté slam the door like that?"

"I'd like to know as well."