SHE (Beyoncé and Normani) - 14

As Normani entered the apartment building and rode the elevator, she gathered herself. She didn't want Kehlani to know she'd been crying. All that would do was welcome more suspicion and hostility. Normani could also spin it to make it seem like she was emotional about the state of their relationship.

But she was worried for nothing.

Kehlani wasn't there.

Neither were her belongings. Her drawers and closet were empty. Even her toiletries were gone.

Worst of all, Kehlani wouldn't answer the phone nor texts.

Enraged, Normani started reaching out to Kehlani's friends.

"Hello?" a sleepy Summer picked up.

"Summer, do you know where Kehlani went??"

"You can't reach her?"

"No."

Summer sighed and then yawned. "She's at Keke's."

"Wow."

"Yeahhh."

"When did she go there?"

"I don't know honestly. She just told me she was there."

Normani thanked Summer and got off the phone. She was boiling. But that didn't stop her from making another call. Eyes blazing, she impatiently waited for Keke to answer.

"...Hello?" Kehlani's raspy voice filled the phone. She sounded like she had an attitude.

Normani didn't know where to start. "So I had to call Keke to reach you?"

"She don't want the drama, so she passed the phone to me."

"You left? You left me?" Normani exclaimed.

Kehlani was quiet for a beat. "I had to do it for my sanity. My mental been fucked up for too long, man."

"So you just leave without telling me?!"

"You left! And I know you was with Beyoncé, so why do you care I'm with Keke? My friend."

Normani scoffed. Keke was not just some "friend." She knows the history between the two.

"I really can't believe this."

"Well believe it."

"So we're just done."

"Yeah."

"Wow. WOW, KEHLANI."

"I gotta go."

Normani threw the phone down and started bawling.

Normani went to her internship with Ms. Jackson late in the afternoon. Yes, she was tardy but at least she showed. It was a small feat for herself seeing as she couldn't get out of the bed that morning. But something pushed her to finally face the day.

The office was quiet. Most of the staff were at their clients' shows. Janet, in particular, was at Megan's concert. Normani had emailed and texted Janet her apologies about being late, but that she would make it up that same day.

There wasn't much to do aside sweep. The office was organized including the shelves.

"Are you the janitor?" a voice said, startling Normani. She turned around to see a woman who looked to be about 30.