SHE (Beyoncé and Normani) - 17

Normani's POV

"...The way you treated me...did someone treat you like that?"

There was a pregnant pause.

"You know, I should try to get what's left of sleep for me," Beyoncé finally said.

Welp, it was worth a shot.

"And so should you," she added.

"Good night, Beyoncé."

"Good night, Normani. Until next time."

After hanging up, I sighed and put the phone down. Did I really expect her to tell me and open up?

As far as I was concerned, she didn't owe me anything. She'd apologized—a couple times and was trying to do better with her life.

Now that I know her history with Janet, it all makes sense. She didn't know better. This doesn't change what she did and the fact that it was wrong, but I'm tired of being a victim. I don't want her or anyone to have that kind of power over me. I'm exhausted from holding that shit in and letting it permeate.

"You finally off the phone?" a groggy voice said.

I looked up at Diamante who just walked in the room, patting her bonnet-clad head.

"I was wondering if you were coming back in here."

"Yeah, it's my room," she said in an amused "duh" tone. She yawned and then proceeded to fluff her pillows.

"I thought you took the couch." I smiled cheekily.

"Girl..."

That was all it took for us to laugh.

"We do fight like we married sometimes." She propped her cheek into her folded hand as she laid down. I was chuckling and nodding in agreement when she then gave me a strong side-eye. "But wait, you was gon' leave me hanging with no blanket?"

Shaking my head, I waved my hands as if telling her not to start. "I literally just got off the phone." I extended my neck, purposely enunciating slowly. She tossed a smaller pillow my way to my amusement. "And that sounds like Meg's job anyway."

It was funny to see Diamante turn multiple shades of red. She made a show of looking away and pretending to be interested in her nails. "Are you mad?" she asked meekly, reluctantly glancing at me.

I contorted my face and hastily shook my head. "Huh? Nah. Did you forget I was there when y'all damn near smashed for all to see at her after party?"

Diamante howled with laughter.

"You know what you did!" I smirked.

"Oh my God...well, when it's good, it's good, girl." She twisted her neck a little and smirked back, proudly.

I smiled slyly. "How good is it?" I was intrigued when she reclined her head, groaning and clenching her legs, as if tortured or worshipful that she got to experience Megan in the bedroom. Or a public place.

It didn't surprise me that she was enjoying sex with Megan.

"Damn, that good?"

"Yeah, girl, but we not here to talk about allat right now. What's going on with you and B, and Kehlani?"

Now that completely ruined the mood. I knew it was coming, but still. I laid on the other side of the bed, gazing at the ceiling. "Do you think Kehlani would really do that? The texts..."

"I mean, yeah," she drawled. "I'm her-or was her friend and she cussed me out how many times? And over Beyoncé? That raging temper combined with her hate for B makes it believable." When I didn't say anything, she went on. "You know deep down this is something she would do."