SHE (Beyoncé and Normani) - 21

Normani's POV

I couldn't believe Beyoncé was salty over me seeing Kehlani again. We weren't even official, we were slowly working things out to see where it would take us. That near-death episode made me realize just how short life is and can be. And I already know I am not obligated to take her back under those circumstances! I didn't need Beyoncé of all people to tell me that.

But I'm not gonna lie, seeing her bothered is appealing. Who would have thought the day would come where Beyoncé was in her feelings over my love life?

After showing her to the bathroom, I thought I might have to use it too. It was getting a little hot. And then she was looking out for me to ensure Janet hadn't hurt me?

Like Diamante would say, that's panty-dropping material.

I was in my head, entertaining all types of thoughts and visuals as I went into my room and checked my appearance in my full-length mirror. Deciding to add more spritz to my hair, I sought out my little spray bottle to keep my hair moisturized.

"Who's sunglasses are those?"

My hand froze in front of the dresser at the sudden voice. Shook, I turned to see Kehlani watching me intensely at the doorway.

I glanced at the clock to make sure I wasn't trippin'. Yes, her schedule changes sometimes, but it'd been consistently steady lately.

"I thought you were at work..."

"I finished early--you got somebody in here?" Her eyes started scanning around the room. Then she opened the closet door.

"Answer the fucking questions, Normani!"

"Okay, yes, it's my friend's glasses," I rushed out.

A flushed Kehlani came out of the closet, glowering at me. "If it's just a friend, why is your ass being so scary?"

"Because I know how you get," I said more defensively than I wanted. I wanted to be as calm as I could.

She hissed and started out of the room, but I pulled her back. Kehlani snatched herself out of my hold. "I knew your ass was lying. Where the bitch at? Where she hiding? Come out, come out, wherever you are!" Her hands clapped as she proceeded out the room.

FML. I quickly followed her in the hallway and saw Kehlani and Beyoncé staring each other down.

"Of course it would be this bitch," Kehlani fake laughed.

"You have one more time to call me a bitch, little girl," Beyoncé warned in her velvety voice.

Before Kehlani could get a full word out, I hastily got in between them and bellowed. "Calm, down!"

It actually got quiet.

"Don't tell me to calm down when you have this bitch in my home while I'm at work—"

"Beyoncé, don't," I said. She chuckled and stayed pressed against me as I blocked her from getting to Kehlani.

"I will go easy on you," Beyoncé told her with an artificial smile. "Wouldn't want you to end up in the hospital again."

A lot was happening right now including me being a little turned on by her soothing, deep voice breathing right down on me along with the feel of her body. And then there was the touché comment she just made.

"Beyoncé!" I gasped.

"Wouldn't want you to be in a casket, bitch," Kehlani responded to her. "You're dead to me, Normani. Grab all your shit and get the fuck up out my house. Y'all motherfuckers deserve each other."