SHE (Beyoncé and Normani) - 8

Normani's POV

"Sure," Diamante said, accepting Beyoncé's offer to give us a ride. I side-eyed my friend.

"Thanks for offering but it's cool," I told Beyoncé. "I think we got into enough drama for the day." More like days.

"Don't be silly, let me take you home," Beyoncé insisted.

"We have to use the restroom," I said.

"Okay?" Beyoncé laughed some. "Text or call when you're done, and we'll meet up. You have my number?"

"I think so." I didn't, I deleted it and threw out her card.

She nodded slowly. "Right. Well, I have yours."

I bet you do.

Diamante and I found a bathroom and as soon as we shut the door, we exchanged amazed looks. We didn't even have to say it aloud. We both knew what we just witnessed and experienced was madness. From Beyoncé getting into an altercation with Meg's manager to Meg and Beyoncé's argument.

"Bitch, your life is a movie," Diamante said, making us laugh.

"And you're in it," I teased. "No, but we can't ride with her."

"Why not? It's just a ride."

"Meg obviously isn't cool with it," I whispered and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I still looked cute but a little through it.

"I think she's more concerned about her rude, ugly ass manager."

"Yeah, but her vibe was different with Beyoncé there."

"Hey, like she said, we're some mega hotties."

"Did you feel like she was flirting with you on the low?" I smiled at her through the mirror.

"I mean, kinda but not really?"

"Look at that Kool-Aid smile."

Diamante laughed and pushed my arm playfully. My phone vibrated and I smirked.

Diamante smirked back. "Wonder who that is."

I rolled my eyes, amused and checked my phone. It was actually Megan: Normani, I know it's last minute but you and your friend are more than welcome to come hang with us and sorry about what happened, it was all a misunderstanding. She texted an address, which was some lounge/arcade/bowling alley type of place.

"What's it say?" Diamante pressed.

I showed her my phone and her face lit up. "Told you she ain't mad, girl."

There was also my text thread with Kehlani, who'd been checking on me throughout the evening. I knew she probably wouldn't want me to spend more time with Megan if Beyoncé was around, much less get a ride from Beyoncé. But I also realized I didn't get enough coverage of Megan and her show, so this was a good opportunity to do that.

I texted Megan that we'd be there and if it was okay to film her a bit and/or ask a few questions.

"As long as it ain't about the altercation, we good lol!" she'd replied. I showed Diamante what she wrote and we both giggled.

The door suddenly opened, startling us. I almost dropped my phone. It was Beyoncé. What is it with her and me and bathrooms?

"Hey," we all said.

"Meg told us about the after, well, not party but hangout she's having," I told her.

"Oh okay, so are you coming?"