SHE (Beyoncè and Normani) - 10

Beyoncè POV

It's quiet on the drive back to my apartment. I turn on the radio to try and cleanse the mood and palpable tension. The melodic voice of Luther Vandross fills my car, soothing my senses. Before I know it, I'm singing along with him. "Love has truly been good to me."

The music isn't blasting so I'm able to hear Megan scoff. It's the first sound she's made since setting foot in my car.

I'm immediately offended. I don't know if she's making a dig at Luther, the song, or my singing. But it's disrespectful all the same. Knowing she probably wants a reaction out of me, I ignore her immaturity and turn up the volume.

"Follow you to the moon and the sky above," I croon just a touch louder than before as the song sadly comes to an end. I lower the sound, not interested in hearing the commercials. "That's real music right there."

Megan doesn't say anything, which irks me more than it should.

Knowing my radio system like the back of my hand, I change the station wanting to hear more music.

"Leave it there," Megan urges when she hears a particular song. She turns up the volume and obnoxiously sings along. "I just need some dick. I just need some love."

My nose wrinkles in disgust. I turn it off.

"Hey! Why'd you do that?" Megan quickly complains.

"I don't want to hear that shit."

Hearing me curse silences her. It's not something I do often, but I'm annoyed.

Megan sucks her teeth. "Fine, I'll play the shit on my phone."

"Do you have headphones?"

I smirk triumphantly at her glare.

Suddenly the radio is on again, louder than ever, and so is Megan's voice.

"Girls need love too," Megan repeats. Finally, my ears are no longer being harassed when she turns off the radio.

"And you have the nerve to scoff at Luther Vandross," I say.

"What?"

"You know what you did."

She laughs. "That wasn't towards him. I grew up listening to Luther Vandross, don't try me."

"Then why'd you do that?" I question after a pause.

Megan says nothing and gives her attention to the screen on her phone.

"Oh, now you're quiet?"

"Actually, I have more to say. Who you think you are judging people's taste in music?"

I scoff this time. "I never judged anything."

"Yes you did, you turned real geriatric when that song came on. I can't stand when people think just because they like old fashioned and old school music they can shit on the new school."

"I never did that!"

"Yes, you did! And I feel like you're shading me. You know my songs," she raises her voice. "You know my lyrics aren't PG-13."

I grip my steering wheel. This girl is out of control!

"Megan, when did I ever insult your music? Or any music?"

"You know what you did," she mocks.

"I should have taken your ass home."

"It's not too late."