The Seven Groomsmen

Chloe walked down the aisle, looking out at Simon who stood at the end, a grin on his face as his eyes glued to her.

She looked to the right as JJ stood next to him in a suit and tie followed by simons brother,Tobi, Josh, Ethan, and Vik. George stood beside chloe, holding her hand as they walked together. His little suit made Chloes ovaries burst, sending waves of broodiness through her body.

As she reached simons side she watched as Simon knelt down and placed a kiss on George's head, letting him stand beside JJ in place as one of his groomsmen. Chloe turned to smile at her brides maids, of course Danni being there, followed by Jennifer - jjs wife, and her cousins Louise and Katie.

Chloe took a sharp breath in as she connected eyes with Simon, the both sharing an expanding smile.

The vows were short but intimate, each sharing a loving memory they had created over the last two years.

They exchanged rings and a soft kiss in front of their family and friends, signifying their union. Married on the day, 24th September, just two years after they began dating.

It wasn't long before they moved to the reception hall, a classy elegant room filled with flowers and white cloths.

The speeches came first as the bridesmaid gave a teary speech, making chloes eyes tear.

However JJ had a different style.

"Hello, as many of you know I'm- oh what am I kidding. You all know who I am!" JJ laughed making Simon pinch the bridge of his nose and hide his eyes in embarrassment.

"Oh my god." Simon muttered as he looked at chloe causing her to laugh. The laughter of Tobi could be heard across the table as he muttered "sit down sit down." Through his laughter.

"For anyone who's been living under a rock. I'm JJ. I'm the best man. I've known Simon since school and in all honestly I never expected it to take him this long to get married. I mean...even I got married before him." He laughed again, leaning over and winking at Jennifer, causing her to go shy. "That's my wife!" He pointed causing people to giggle while she waved.

"As I was saying I've known Simon since we were kids, all I have to say is...well loyal, caring, sincere, all around a great man." JJ said as he placed a hand on simons shoulder to which he smiled in returned with an awe. "...but that's enough about me, I'm here to give a speech about the groom." JJ laughed as he finished his sentence, the room filling with laughter.

"Anyway. Chloe and Simon have known each other for 9 years now, after a 7 year friendship finally chloe gave in to the begging and pleading a finally decided to settle for a date." JJ spoke causing Chloe to laugh as she leaned into Simons shoulder.

"So true." She smiled.

"Just proving boys you can get out the friend zone if you just linger around long enough. I'm just thankful they didn't spend another 7 years before tying the knot. The old boy is on his last legs. Imagine being 35 years old." JJ said laughing.

"You're 34!" Simon raised his voice in defence.

"Hush grandad you don't know what you're saying." JJ muted him causing Simon to raise his hands in disbelief.

"It's my wedding you can't hush me." He laughed.

"Dementia is cruel. Moving on I actually have a message to chloe from the rest of us groomsmen. As a football team we'd like like to say we found Simon useless in most positions but we wish you all the best tonight." JJ said rolling out his rehearsed line.

Chloe almost spat her champagne as she understood the joke quicker than Simon, taking him a few seconds to catch up. The room filling with laughter as Ethan let out a cheer.

"All those amongst us who will know chloe well will know that she is a wonderful and caring person. She deserves a good husband." JJ nodded to which chloe and Simon shared a nervous look as to what was to come next. "Thank god Simon married her before she found one. No, no I'm joking." JJ flustered as Simon was taking the heat. "I do have to say though Simon just how lucky you are to be leaving here tonight with a wife who is warm, caring, beautiful, funny, etc. And chloe how lucky you are to leave today gaining a nice dress and a lovely bouquet of flowers." JJ smile to which chloe laughed more than Simon. Chloe managing to stay in the positives while Simon tried not to laugh.

"Okay jokes aside I would like to raise a glass to the happy couple, wishing you two a life times worth of memories and love. Congratulations. To Simon and Chloe." JJ said as he raised a glass, the audience following soon after.

Simon and Chloe embraces each other as they took to the floor for their first dance, soon interrupted by George, running out and attempting to cuddle up to chloe.

Simon picked up the 6 year old, balancing him on his hip as he held his other hand around Chloes. She leaned into Simon as she faced George. Reaching out and bopping his nose. He smiled and leaned forwards, placing a kiss on Chloes lips causing her to smile while wiping the makeup off George's chin as he missed.

The three became a small family in that moment, picturing the life they'd lead together. Surrounded by love and memories.

As the day came to an end George went to stay with Harry's parents, flying him over to Guernsey for a week while chloe and Simon went on their honey moon, heading home first to collect their bags.

"After you." Chloe said as they reached their shared apartment.

"Hold on." Simon muttered as he unlocked the door pushing it wide open. Turning to chloe and sweeping her off her feet. Carrying her over the freehold and walking her into the bedroom.

"Oh mr minter." Chloe smirked he dropped her on the bed, pulling him close to her.

"Mrs minter." He smirked back as he leaned in for a kiss, pulling away sharply as he realised.

"No time for that." He shushed her. "Grab your bags we've got a plane to catch." He said excitedly, grabbing her hand and pulling her up.

Chloe quickly changed into joggers and an oversized hoodie, leaving her hair up and makeup on as they grabbed their prepacked bags and headed to the airport.

They took a plane to the Maldives, renting an over the sea villa for the week, a private car ready to take them exploring whenever they wanted.

Chloe topped her tan while Simon just seemed to burn. Nightly FaceTime calls made to George as chloe felt homesick being separated from him. Simon taking on a father role, as he became a more prominent figure in George's life. George even sometimes calling him daddy, switching between that and Simon.

After the call ended chloe rolled over on the bed. "This feels like a dream."

"A nightmare for me." Simon joked.

"I love you." She smiled.

"I love you too."