Gig Night

Saturday had come around, another time for chloes gigs at her local. Over the past months she grew more confident with preforming, evening getting to know the locals, and becoming friends with the owner - terry.

She arranged five songs to cover as she failed to write anything original. Her muse was still yet to find. She wasn't in the right mood for a love song, it just didn't feel right to sound happy with everything rushing through her mind.

She had attempted many times to write something often scrunching it up and throwing it in the corner of her room in frustration.

It was only when she took a second look she unravelled the perfect song in the mixture of all the mess. Not two hours before her gig she began to scribble words onto a page before the inspiration left her. She didn't plan a tune, that could come later, but for the now the words poured out of her broken heart onto paper.

After an hour of crossing out and rewrites she finally created a verse and chorus that she could feel passionate about. As she hummed the words she felt her eyes watering. The words so close to home yet unknown to anyone but her. It was the perfect outlet.

After a quick rehearsal Chloe text Simon if he was coming. He turned up to every gig so it was no surprise to Chloe when he confirmed he was. She adored that about him, the way he was always there. But maybe this song wasn't one for him to hear.

After getting dressed into a basic skirt and top Chloe travelled to the pub early to speak to terry, inform him of the songs and what she would need. Everything was in check like always. A regular even bought her a drink after hearing she was playing wonderwall, a big oasis fan.

She watched as Simon and JJ walked through the pub doors, finding her at the bar stools.

"Booth?" JJ asked as he scanned the area.

"Do we need it." Chloe laughed at the small number of three.

"Harry and his girl are coming, oh and Ethan and Tobi." Simon smiled as he greeted Chloe with a small kiss.

"Harry's coming?" Chloe asked nervously.

"Yeah he might be a little late." JJ winked as he started thrusting the air, Chloe squinted her eyes closed and tried not to react. "Gross." She laughed.

"It's not like you and Simon don't do it. The walls aren't thick enough." He shivered.

"Shut up man." Simon laughed.

As they made their way to the booth Tobi and Ethan entered the pub and collected some drinks before sitting down besides the others. Next was Harry, arriving alone. It was five minutes until chloes set and she couldn't be asked for the drama.

"Where your bird?" Ethan asked.

"My bird." Harry laughed. "Jessica...is on her way. Caught in traffic so we might stay later for a few drinks." Harry mumbled as he took a seat, stealing a sip from Ethan's drink.

"Oi get your own." Ethan moaned as he snatched it away from Harry.

"Fine fine." Harry laughed as he raised from the seat and made his way to the bar.

He was a good actor. After listening to him the other day it was hard to see him happy, it was as if their conversation never happened.

The time came for chloes set, she raised from her chair, the others cheering her on as she did making her smile. She grabbed her guitar from the corner of the room and unpacked it from its case. She saw the piece of paper with her newly written song and shoved it to the side as she frowned.

Even though Harry was everywhere she looked, Chloe managed to hold a smile and carry herself strong as she sang. Tuning in to the music and the audience cheers. Especially the ones from a particular booth.