Shoot Your Shot

"Just go for it man." JJ laughed as he watched Simon nervously look at Chloe. She stood by the bar ordering her next drink.

"Maybe wait alittle." Ethan mumbled anxiously.

"You know?" Simon asked.

"JJ told me." Ethan mumbled, JJ stared cheekily into his drink.

"You dick. Who else have you told." Simon moaned.

"No one!" JJ laughed, the alcohol taking its effect.

"Well you know what - I might go for it." Simon said shocking himself.

"Tonight's the night man!" JJ shouted as he caught up with Chloe at the bar. "12 shots my guy." JJ ordered.

"Oh god JJ no." Chloe laughed.

"Only for the best people." He smiled wrapping an arm around her.

Ethan took the opportunity to catch up with Harry. "Hey boggo." He smiled pathetically.

"Hey." Harry returned the same smile.

"So what happened?" He asked.

"I told chloe that we should just be friends." Harry frowned.

"I'm sorry, how did she take it?" Ethan mumbled ordering two shots of his own.

"Not well." Harry sadly laughed, taking his shot off Ethan and downing it in one.

"I think Simon is going to tell her tonight. You don't need to worry, I think everyone is going to be a bit sad tonight after." He said rubbing his shoulder.

"He's going to what?" Harry said more panicked.

"I think he's going to see how she feels. But I can't imagine it going any other way than friends." Ethan tried to convince him.

"I can't watch that." Harry mumbled.

"You can't leave." Ethan moaned. "I need you here." Ethan said.

"Well then be my wingman." Harry said stroking his hair back.

"Is that really what you want?" Ethan asked surprised.

"No but it's a good distraction." Harry moaned.

"Shots boys!" JJ said as he creeped over bringing a handful of shots. "Get em down ya."

Harry didn't hesitate as he down two, one after the other. Chloe did the same, hiding her emotions temporarily as she let the alcohol and music take her away.

"Are we dancing or what?" JJ asked just as a tune came on. Perfect for the night. I'm a hurricane by wellmess.

They headed up onto the podium, letting the shots hit them mid song. The smiles seem to spread as they enjoyed the closeness of the group.

Even though Chloe had experienced a mini heart break, a disappointment sooner than she expected, she still managed to see the good. She planned on putting it behind her, keeping a friendship with Harry. She couldn't help but smile in that moment as she looked up at her best friend, singing wildly and stepping side to side with the music.

Many songs came on over the next hour, ones that made them hype, sing, and not least dance. The silly moves came mainly from Harry and JJ as they threw shapes all over the place, not giving a care in the world. Meanwhile Ethan Simon and cal stayed maintained. Chloe took a moment every so often to admire the group she grew so close to.

As 2am hit so did the drinks, taking a break from the dancing to get some refreshments.

"So what's the plan?" Ethan asked Harry at the bar as she scouted the scene.