One Last Time

Chloe watched as Harry left her side, chasing after the blonde girl, one she recognised from the previous night out. With Harry gone the reality of the situation sunk in, she just cheated on Simon.

"Oh god." Chloe crumbled as she held her hand to her mouth. She felt stuck, she couldn't leave but she couldn't go in. How could she ever face Simon after what she'd done.

In that moment she knew she needed to make a choice. To try to make it work with Simon, to trust her gut, or to risk everything for Harry, to trust her heart.

She felt like her world was breaking down around her, the thought of being a victim had completely reversed. Understanding now she had hurt someone, possibly more than she'd been hurt. It was a love triangle that had no happy ending.

Chloe text Simon to bring out her stuff, she just wanted to go home. Within seconds she saw Simon leaving the pub with a guitar case in hand, scanning the area for her. As soon as he spotted her he began to make his way over, standing beside her as he placed her stuff on the floor.

"Hey." Simon spoke softly as he noticed the red patches under chloes eyes.

"I'm so sorry Simon." Chloe moaned as she fell into him.

"Sorry for what?" He chuckled at her ridiculousness.

"I can't lose you." She sobbed.

Simon pondered her reply, thinking about the lyrics to her song. He thought he might possibly be the muse but now he was sure, the lyric were for him. He could almost hear them in his head as he thought deeply into the meaning.
'I might fall in love and forget what it was to be
Wrapped in your arms so tightly
To be your girl so tonight I'll be
Dancing alone 'cause I'm afraid if I forget then you'll just become an Ex'
He needed to reassure her, that she won't lose him, that he won't become an ex. His heart pained with the thought of Chloe trying to communicate that she loved him, all this time he wanted to tell her but didn't know how she felt. And now he did, he was sure that the arms that wrapped her tightly were his own.

"You won't lose me Chloe." He said hugging her firmly. "I'm here for you and only you."

"Oh Simon." Chloe sobbed. His words only making her actions more painful.

"It's nice to see you care though." He joked as he pulled his head back, forming a double chin as he looked down to her. Stroking the fresh tears away. "Let's get you home."

Simon picked up her case and wrapped his free arm around her as they strolled in the dark towards chloes apartment.

As Chloe entered her apartment she stared at Simon standing in the doorway, not sure whether to come in or not. Chloe pondered on the situation. She needed to tell him. But if she was to tell him she needed to feel what it was like to be with him one last time.

Chloe placed her guitar down and turned to Simon, pulling him in close for a hug.

"You're very soppy tonight." He laughed hugging her back.

Chloe didn't reply as she pulled away, grabbing his hand and pulling him in, kicking off her own shoes and trailing him towards her bedroom. Simon said nothing as he followed her unsure as to what was about to happen, and if it should.

Chloe shut the bedroom door behind her, turning back to Simon and staring him down.

"Chloe?" Simon quizzed at her strange behaviour.

"Don't say anything." Chloe hummed as she pushed him down into a sitting position on the bed, climbing over his hips to straddle him, reaching in for a kiss.

"Wait, Chloe you're upset I don't know if I can." He moaned.

"I want this." Chloe whispered as she leaned in sending kisses across his jaw and neck. The words alone enough to get Simon ready, but the actions she laid on him made it hard to resist.

"Are you sure?" He asked again to be safe, placing his hands on the back of her thighs as she leaned up pushing her body against his.

The sensation of his touch on her skin was only accelerating her mood, making her crave one last night with him.

"Please." She whispered in his ear. In response he gripped her thighs, lifting her off the bed as he stood up, laying her on her back and climbing between her legs. He placed one hand over her shoulder for support as he leaned in for a kiss.

Chloe laid beside Simon, underneath the covers. Heavily breathing at the rough activity they both endured.

"That was amazing." Simon moaned.

"Yeah it was." Chloe smiled, for the first time since her kiss with Harry. She leaned over and laid her head on his chest, letting his hand stroke up and down her bare back.

"I love you Chloe." Simon muttered, feeling the moment was right.

Chloe heard his words and laid wide eyed. Knowing she didn't feel the same. Her plans to tell him the truth were now more destructive than ever. In that moment she knew this would never work.

"I'm not ready." Chloe mumbled.

"That's okay, I just wanted you to know." Simon smiled.

"You're too good for me." Chloe thought out loud.

"I know." He laughed, the refreshing sound allowing Chloe to let out a little laugh. "I'm joking." He said placing a kiss on chloes head, while they both drifted off to sleep.