The Part They Skipped

"Friends."

"Friends."

"Okay so this isn't romantic at all." Chloe reasoned slightly panicked as they stood outside the cinema.

"No not romantic." Harry agreed in a matching tone. Both sharing the same thought. This was a lot like a date.

"We had lunch and now we're going to watch a film."

"I do that with Ethan...I'm not dating Ethan." Harry reasoned.

"Well..."

"Shut up. Let's just go in. It's not a date."

"Good."

They couldn't help but laugh as they walked into the cinema together, over the past few weeks the word friends had been passed around a lot. A clarification that nothing out of the ordinary was happening. It eased the guilt of not telling Simon they were back in contact, especially for Harry.

Harry paid for his ticket while Chloe paid for hers, refusing to run into an sweet gestures. Finding their seats they settled down into the new recliners. Without hesitation Chloe immediately stretched out her electric chair to as far as it went, laying down and spreading her arms and legs out to take up as much space as possible.

"Wow." Harry laughed while the cinema lights were still on.

"Join me Harry, it's the sweet life."

"Idiot. An actual idiot."

"Just do it!" Chloe laughed.

With a sigh Harry placed his drink in the holder and began to recline his chair to the same level as chloes, feeling ultimately relaxed as he laid on the firm cushion.

"Okay this is great, but how on earth can you see the screen."

"A flaw in a brilliant plan." Chloe smiled as she pushed the button to bring her chair up to a comfortable position, still tilted enough to see the screen and relax. Harry joining after.

"Oh it's starting." Harry whispered as the lights began to fade.

After a long two hours of silence, only interrupted by the rustling of popcorn, Chloe and Harry finally stretched their legs as the cinema lights returned.

"That was sick!" Harry said.

"Amazing, I could watch that again." Chloe agreed.

"Well maybe not right now." Harry laughed.

"Well what should we do. It's only 3pm, surely the day's not over yet."

"Well we could go back to my place." Harry suggested not thinking twice.

"Oh."

"I mean because no ones home." Harry quickly corrected.

"Ah."

"Fuck this isn't coming out as I meant. We can hang out at mine. No ones there so we can stay in our little friendship bubble. I don't mean...ya know... go back to mine in that sense." Harry waffled.

"Okay." Chloe chuckled at his staggering of words.

"Friends." Harry started.

"Friends." Chloe agreed.

After a short trip on the tube Harry and Chloe found themselves walking through the doors to his house with the cals, both out for the day.

"It's been a while." Chloe smiled.

"Does it feel strange?" Harry asked as they walked up the stairs and into the living room.

"Yeah really strange. I know it's been so long since I've been here but everything is so familiar that it only feels like yesterday."