Asking (Part 2)

One night before the ball:
"Give it up Hermione we know you don't have a date." Ron said. Harry raised his eyebrows, he knew Ron was getting himself into deep trouble.
"What makes you so sure?" Hermione asked. They were sitting on the couches in the common room as they were working on a paper for potions.
"It's so obvious! Who would you even be going with anyway? Everyone's taken." Ron explained. Hermione glared at him.
"Yeah except for you two..." Hermione mumbled.
"Woah woah woah why am I being dragged into this?" Harry asked.
"I'm sorry Harry, it's just Ronald has no faith in me whatsoever and thinks I'm as appealing as a toad to the entire male student body!" Hermione said in frustration. Ron went red.
"That's not true..." Ron said.
"Right, well I'm going to bed. I'll see you at the ball tomorrow boys." Hermione said and stomped off to her room. She collapsed on the bed and fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.
-
Hermione woke up in the morning ready to start the day, then she remembered the ball was tonight. Was she really ready to go to a dance with Malfoy? In front of the entire school... Her stomach did a backflip. She couldn't tell if that was a good or a bad thing. Then she reminded herself that she was going to prove Ron wrong, no matter what.
She spent the day preparing for that night. She took a long bath, painted her nails, did her makeup, spent hours taming her hair, and finally slipped on her dress, shoes, and jewelry. It was 20 minutes before the ball was meant to start and she had agreed to meet Malfoy outside the hall in 5 minutes. Most of the girls had already left the common room and went to meet their dates as they wanted to grab a bite to eat first. So Hermione was the only one left in the Gryffindor common room. She quickly hurried out of the portrait and down the stairs towards the great hall.
-
Later:
"Who are you waiting on anyways Malfoy?" Crabbe asked him, they stood by the entrance of the great hall. Draco rolled his eyes, he hated his "friends."
"My date. Idiot." Draco explained.
"Yeah but who is it?" Goyle added.
"Why are you too so interested in my personal life all of the sudden?" Draco asked.
They shrugged. Suddenly both of their jaws dropped, Draco looked at them in confusion and then he turned around.
All he saw was a goddess walking down the stairs. Dressed in a flowy periwinkle dress that complimented her body perfectly. Wait... that wasn't a goddess... that was Hermione. But there was no difference to him. Everyone stared as she walked in, the real belle of the ball.
"Psh, the mudblood can dress? Who would've thought. Right Draco?" Theo said, expecting him to make a snide comment. But Draco was awestruck. Hermione smiled and waved at him as she met the bottom of the stairs. He almost couldn't move his feet he was so stunned. But he slowly walked toward her.
"You look handsome." Hermione said as she eyed him up and down, he was wearing an all black suit with silver accents.
"You look..." He couldn't come up with a word good enough.
"Terrible?" Hermione guessed. Draco almost laughed but instead he just smiled.
"Perfect." Draco said. He had been too embarrassed to ask her out properly but now he felt there was absolutely no reason to ever be ashamed of Hermione.
Hermione blushed wildly and grabbed his hand.
"Come on, let's go in." Hermione said and they walked in to the great hall.
Everyone was already dancing and socializing when they walked in but a lot of people noticed. How could you not? The mudblood and pure Slytherin? It was a shock for everyone.
"Is that Hermione Granger? And Draco Malfoy?" Padma Patil asked as they walked in. Her and her sister Parvati were Ron and Harry's last minute dates. Ron and Harry's jaws were on the floor.
"No no it can't be." Ron said in utter disbelief.
"Yes it is her!" Parvati said. Harry almost passed out, he had to sit down.
Hermione couldn't hear a thing they were saying as Draco swept her onto the dance floor.
"May I have this dance?" He asked and kissed her hand, sort of jokingly but at the same time charming as ever. Hermione never thought she could see him as a prince but tonight, that changed.
"Of course." She said and they danced the waltz together. Hermione was amazed at how much of an amazing and professional dancer was.
"How are you so good at this?" She asked as he spun her into his arms at the end of a song.
"Mother made me take lessons for years when I was young. She thought it was proper for men to be trained in ballroom dancing." Draco explained. Hermione laughed.
"So now look who's training for the ballet?" She said, she didn't really expect Draco to laugh but he did, and she loved the sound of it. His laugh filled her chest with butterflies.
They spent the night dancing and chatting away until finally they were one of the last ones on the dance floor, Harry and Ron has left long ago. Hermione had her head laid against Draco's chest as they slowly swayed back and forth.
"Thanks for tonight." Hermione said.
"Stop that." Draco said. She took her head off his chest but didn't they stop swaying.
"What?" She asked.
"I don't want this to end." Draco confessed. Hermione smiled. They stopped swaying and Hermione put her hands in Draco's.
"It doesn't have to. We don't have to go back to how it was before." Hermione said. Draco raised his eyebrows.
"Really? You would actually want to be friends with me? After all I've said to you?" Draco asked.
"No." Hermione said. Draco frowned but he knew it was coming, he pulled his hands away.
"I'd want to be more than friends." Hermione said. Draco smiled and then put his forehead on hers, turning it into a hug.
"You know, tonight really was magical, no pun intended." Draco said and they let go of each other.
Hermione laughed. That was when she looked most beautiful to him, when she was smiling.
"Can I kiss you?" Draco asked. Hermione nodded happily. Draco went in and lightly kissed her on the lips, it was perfect. Suddenly, everything was right in his world.

A/N: you all asked for it so here you go! I actually reallyyyyy enjoyed writing this one! Hope you all liked it too.