Ministry Mania Pt 1

Hermione heard a knock on her office door.
  "Come in." She said and the door magically swung open. She looked up to see Dean Thomas walking toward her desk with a stack of papers.

  "Morning Dean." Hermione said.
  "Morning Hermione." Dean replied.
  "What do you have for me this time?"    Hermione questioned. Dean dropped the papers on her desk and they spread themselves out.

  They were posters reading things like "death to the death eaters", "if you don't want another Voldemort, stop his supporters", and "no supporter of Voldemort left alive."
  There were even a few mentioning rallies and meetings being held for the cause. This group of people had been a common issue in and out of Hermione's office for weeks. Ever since the alleged supporters of Voldemort had went on trial. Most of the death eaters were sent to Azkaban. Those who were minors or were proved to be brainwashed into it were given community service. The issue was the not everyone agreed with their punishments, yet everyone felt they had a say in the matter. Most people in this group, who were referring to their cause as "the enlightenment", believed that anyone associated with Voldemort should have been executed or sentenced to life in Azkaban.

This controversy had created quite the stirrup at the ministry especially for Hermione as she was currently head of the incorporation committee which worked to incorporate former death eaters back in to society safely. This group was threatening everything Hermione was working for.

"Not more of these." Hermione sighed.

"What else would you expect at this point. Honestly I think the group is doubling overnight." Dean said.

"Where did you pick these posters up?" Hermione asked.

"Diagon Alley right outside of Gringotts this morning, took down as many as I could." Dean replied. There was about 30 posters on her desk.

"We'll need to send out a crew to get these all down today. Let's go ahead and print new posters to put in place of these ones that promote an actual functioning society, not start another war." Hermione proposed. Dean nodded his head.

"If you could get together the posters and the team, I'll take them out this afternoon and we'll get these down. I'd also like you to send someone to this gathering they're having tomorrow night, obviously on the low. I'll make a statement in the Daily Prophet on Sunday about this mess. They've been bothering me about it like crazy but I wanted to wait until we had it under control." Hermione added.

"Sounds good. I'll send people down to the lobby around 12 and you can take over then?" Dean asked.

"Perfect. Thanks Dean." Hermione said. He was her second in command ever since Ron had left. He had decided to become a professional quidditch viewer. If that was even a thing. Hermione didn't know, she still talked to him but never about his work. It was still a little bit of a sore spot.

Hermione worked on her statement for the Daily Prophet for the next hour and ate lunch and soon enough it was noon. She waited in the lobby for this group Dean had cultivated.

Waiting for her was a few newer members of her section at the ministry and also Cho who usually worked in the Ministry newsletter department, but had been helping out in different areas as well recently.

"Alright everyone we need to take down anything promoting violence, hate speech, or anything that mentions gatherings or riots. Meet back by Gringotts whenever you are done, bring anything you find with you." Hermione said as she sent each person to a certain section of Diagon Alley.

-

The group had worked tirelessly taking down the posters all afternoon and by the time they met back at Gringotts it was dark out.

"Alright everyone, nice work. Thank you for your help. You can all head home. Give Cho what you've collected and she will take it back to the ministry." Hermione said.

"Cho I hope you don't mind? I'm going to double check and make sure we got everything. If you could take these back to Dean." Hermione said to Cho.

"Of course, no problem." She replied and collected everyone's posters and banners. The group apparated out in a flash and only Hermione was left.

She strolled down Diagon Alley, stopping in Flourish and Blotts to look at a few books she had been eyeing, and by then it was around eight o'clock. She headed down the road when she noticed a poster down Knockturn Alley. She realized she hadn't sent anyone over there today. Hermione pulled out her wand (just incase) and went to grab the poster and check for more. There was no one around. This was usual for Knockturn Alley these days since all the death eaters has been imprisoned or scared to do anything remotely close to a crime. Hermione ventured further down the Alley.

Eventually she heard a faint yell in the distance. Her eyebrows furrowed and she stopped moving for a second. She distinctly heard a man screaming for help. Being the heroine she was, she dropped the posters she'd found and ran toward the sound.

Soon enough she found the source down a pitch black side Alley behind an abandoned shop.

She couldn't see much but she could tell there were three wizards who had a man pushed up against the wall, wands to his throat.

"Hey!" Hermione yelled. This got their attention and they turned their wands toward her. She couldn't see but neither could they.

"STUPEFY!" She shouted, but completely missed. This scared them away though and the attackers apparated out of sight before she could catch them. Their victim slid down the wall on to the ground, she assumed he had passed out. Hermione walked up to him and raised her wand.

"Lumos." She said.

Sitting unconscious against the wall was none other than Draco Malfoy.

-
A/N: Ta da I've made a triumphant return. This will be at least two parts so that's exciting. Anyways, how has everyone's holiday season been going? Mine's been good just boring but it's nice to just relax sometimes.