Christmas {part one}

"Alright everyone gather round!" Harry announced in the Auror's lunch break room.
"It's time to pick for secret Santa." He explained as he held up a hat with a bunch of folded papers inside.
Everyone lined up immediately.
When it was Hermione's turn to pick, she dug around carefully and extracted one.
She covertly read it so no one would see.
On the paper was written : Draco Malfoy
Hermione sighed.
What was she supposed to get the man who had everything? Sure he was more kind now, even likable maybe but he still had a prestigious taste about him that Hermione was intimidated by.
  -
  Hermione thought for a week on what to get him and still had no clue. She decided that she would have to ask him today.
She went up to his office and knocked on his door.
"Come in." Draco said. Hermione opened the door.
"Granger, what a pleasant surprise." Draco said as he quickly looked up from his work.
"Afternoon Malfoy." Hermione said. Draco nodded at her.
"What is it you need?" Draco asked.
"Why do I have to need something to come up here? Can't I just visit?" Hermione asked.
"Well I suppose you could just visit but why would you?" Draco asked.
"Fair point." Hermione said. Draco chuckled at her causing her to crack a smile.
"Anyways, I was just wondering... what are you doing for the holidays?" Hermione asked. Draco looked at her with a confused expression at why she would be conversing casually with him.
"I'm planning on staying at my flat, I'll have Blaise and Pansy over for dinner at some point after Christmas." Draco explained plainly.
"Really? You're not visiting any family or anything?" Hermione asked.
"My family and I aren't on good terms Granger." Draco explained, trying not to let his emotion show. He was quite good at that.
"Right. I'm so sorry I shouldn't have brought that up..." Hermione apologized.
"It's okay Granger." Draco said.
"Well if you wanted you could come to the burrow for Christmas, you'd be more than welcome I'm sure." Hermione offered.
"Are you mad? The weasels hate me granger." Draco said.
"Well that's not true! Only Ron hates you, everyone else would accept you just fine." Hermione said. Draco looked at her.
"If I'm bored I might consider it." Draco said. Hermione smiled, she knew this was nearly a yes from him. Draco loved her smile, how could he ever say no to her?
"So what is something you'd like for Christmas?" Hermione asked trying to be as slick as possible.
"Nothing." Draco shrugged.
"What? There must be something you want!" Hermione said.
"Mmm" Draco thought for a second.
"Well there is one thing I want." Draco looked directly in her eyes.
"And what's that?" Hermione asked.
"I can't tell you." Draco loved being difficult, especially to Hermione.
"Oh my gosh Draco don't be so difficult!" Hermione kicked him lightly. He laughed at her.
"Why do you want to know so bad huh Granger?" Draco asked.
"Well I just-" Hermione said.
"Let me guess you have me for secret Santa?" Draco asked. Hermione looked astonished.
"How'd you know?" She asked.
"Had a feeling." Draco shrugged.
"Look you don't need to get me anything." Draco said.
"No I'm not going to leave you empty handed! On Christmas!" Hermione exclaimed.
"Fine if you really want to get me something escort me to this weasel party or whatever this thing is." Draco acted as if he did not care, deep down he was hoping she would say yes.
"Deal! Oh it'll be so much fun!" Hermione said.
"I'm sure." Draco smiled.
"Meet me at my flat and we will apparate from there, 5:00 on December 24." Hermione wrote him this on a note as well and handed it to him.
"See you then Granger." Draco said.
"Goodbye Malfoy." Hermione said and left his office.